Dance

"Do you believe it? just look at them...aren't they an exact copy of his parents"

"He is fifty three and lord...he looks so sexy, he can fuck me anyday."

"you are certainly blind darling if you don't see how he looks at his wife." It wasn't new, these murmurs of jealousy and inappropriate comments was what Ares had heard in all the events he attended previously but there was something new, this time there were mixed comments done on him and his father discreetly as Rose and he danced beside their family.

His father was holding his mother close as they danced by a side, there was his aunt Dia and grandparents forming a circle as their bodies flowed with the music and their laughter filled the entire ballroom.

Ares grinned at Rose who was also giggling at how romantic this setup looked with low dim lights and artificial snow falling. It was a cute thing and as the partners changed every now and then they just chatted with whoever they held when the music stopped and begin blowing harmoniously.

Rose was twirled but before Ares could held her hand back, the tune changed and his mother was infront of him while the person who welcomed his sweet little wife was his father.

"Ma" Ares held the dainty hands of her mother who looked as beautiful as she was years ago. She seemed to glow even more everyday.

"He cannot even give his son a little space to spend time with you, can he?" Ares joyfully grinned making Alaina chuckle sweetly.

"You know Ajax....its not his fault...he is just-"

"Just what my sweet mother?"

"He is your father Ares, you can't expect him to be even a bit less possessive than you."she smiled.

Rose had turned around hoping to find her husband but when her hands touched the calloused palm of Ajax she looked up to him and smiled. True to the word that goes around he was the Monarch of Mafia and yet simply one of the most beautiful people to exist in this cruel world.

"Daughter" His touch was so safe, so comforting even more than her own father.

"Father you look so adorable." Ajax Waylon was the incarnation of Devil in the skin of a God yet the small petite girl could not help but grin when he gave her a smile that was fulled with love and respect.

When the first time she met him, it was a disaster. Stories and fables of his ruthlessness went around and it was inevitable that she heard them too but soon she came to realize that he loved children, treasured Ares and Aurora so much and when she had embarrassed herself infront of him at the age of thirteen, there was one word and it changed her life.

He called her daughter, a girl who was not even worthy to look at him in the eye he respected her.

"My daughters look much more adorable than me." he looked at her than at Aurora who was dancing with her grandfather and his eyes softened. Rose could care less about the rumors, she had never seen someone so nice as him and Alaina whom she had the privilege to call mother. That woman was a goddess and nothing less.

Her beauty which shone was just a very small part of the true self, she was much more than the world can describe her.

"When I see you and mother.....I feel I had done something great in my previous lives that I have you both...I-I don't know how but you have my word father, till I live I will never let you down. I will do my best, do everything to make you proud." her eyes shone with tears as she looked at the sparkling green eyes of Ajax who kissed her forehead in a chaste fatherly manner.

"You have always made me proud sweetheart."

[A/N : It has been more than 13 years since Ajax knows Rose, she was merely a child of twelve when she came to their home the first time and then she still had not met Ares.

Ajax and Alaina could never have a child after Ares as depicted in the chapter 'DIE' of Devil's Vow. At this point if you will read that chapter once again or if you have not read the book just read that chapter and it will be clear why Ajax and Alaina love children and what they have gone through]

_____________________________________________________________________________

Ares had his arms secured protectively around his sister.

"You know I hate you right?" Ares raised an eyebrow twirling Aurora.

"the feeling is mutual little devil." a peaceful silence followed soon after as Aurora looked at her father dancing with Rose and then her mother dancing with Tyler.

"Ares" she whispered making him look at her in realization, she had never used that tone of voice unless she was in trouble or she was facing some issue.

"What is it?" The tone which was laced with laziness and mirth was cold and unrelenting, something had transpired and Aurora was hesitating to tell.

"Ares I am in love with someone." the fluid movements like cottony clouds dispersing with wind halted for a moment which was picked rather stiffly after a minute.

"Do I know him? Who is it Aurora?" Ares looked over at Rose for a second, his eyes furrowed in anxiety. Although the woman of their clan were treasured tremendously but Aurora was completely a different deal, she was so broken when Ajax had brought her home.

Ares at first not knowing who his little sister was found her to be a trouble but one day he accidently heard his father telling mother how she was found and only then he realized why Ajax was so protective over her. Aurora was the diamond in the crown of Ajax, his most prized possession and even though she never let it appear but Ares knew how soft and delicate his sister's heart was.

He pulled Aurora securely closer, this was his baby sister, the one he had vowed to protect till his last breath and he would never let a bastard harm her.

"Ares......its Hector."

The world was blur for a moment as Ares realized whom she was talking about.