A fight between lovers

Two Years Later

Rose-15

Ares-19

Rose was going to be betrothed this current year. Although the entire clan was dwelling on the possibilities that who could be the boy that their princess will get engaged and married in the future all the while showing her portfolios and pictures of those heirs, the Cattaneo princess wasn't able to understand how has all of it come down to this. She had worked as hard as she could, attained the highest grades, and took part in all the activities that could give her an experience but this.....a marriage of convenience?

She tried telling them that she hated this only to be shut down since a clan member cannot change the basic rules even if they are the leader or princess.

Rose simply sat at her bed looking into the space, without letting an ounce of emotion reflect from her face and the resolve of being rebellious was strengthened. So the people- her family did not understand it completely when she said that she had wished for independence......then so be it.

A couple of clothes were thrown into the lilac schoolbag along with some hard cash and a blackcard containing her insignia in case she wished to draw more money. Moments passed and the butler knocked on the decorated door to invite Rose out so that he may serve breakfast before she went off to the Academy.

"Please tell dad that I am quite tired." The words whispered in a melodic voice that seemed to be innocent became a warning bell in the future.

I am tried of you people making me your pawn.

After that Rose was missing from home since two days making Vincent and Sierra feel unfathomable since not only they were unable to trace her at all but also could not understand why their daughter had thrown such a huge tantrum because it was clear that she left on her own and even though it pained them yet they could not change the way the mafia works, Willham who had been trying to trace Rose for a while had a pale face when no matter which method he used the outcome was still a failure

They had conducted a search of her wardrobe when after when in the academy personal bodyguards of their daughter informed that they were unable to find her, management authorities conveyed the same but when the surveillance camera was checked the girl was shown leaving up on her own thus refuting all possibilities that she was kidnapped.

"Has she used her card?"

She did not.... all homes of her said friends were checked yet at the end when nothing worked out Vincent and Sierra realized that Rose had no ideas about returning, it was either they stopped controlling her like a doll or she must not return to them.

When Aurora's phone went to voicemail for more then a hundred times the mafia princess too became aware that something was thoroughly wrong and then at last when Ares was made aware of the situation his entire world collapsed infront of his eyes.

The moment as soon as he was told that the sweet innocent fairy had went missing with nobody knowing her whereabouts Ares's heart thrummed faster than it ever had....fear, horror and helplessness...such weak feelings filled his soul.

A ringing sound echoed in the prince's ears and as if someone had pushed his head underwater choking his throat and taking away his life. But his Rose was so happy when he talked to her somedays ago, all excited as she narrated her speech that she had written...all safe and sound but this?

where was his Rose?

The hours it took him to reach Italy were the times he wondered and dreamt hopelessly wishing that this must be a nightmare, unreal and absolutely abhorrent yet the truth was far from it, far from his extinguished hopes.

Cloudy thunderstorm irises closed and an angel filled with blushing cheeks and liquid night hair fluttering with wind appeared...her soft palms touching his fingers shyly to see how different they were, him all calloused and rough and his baby all soft and delicate.

Seconds passed before the grayish-blue eyes opened when a message notified him the location of the one he was looking for so desperately...his babygirl.

__________________________________________________

When Ares knocked on the peach door of a hotel room that opened slightly with only a chainlock separating him from having an access to the inside his rage had no bounds.

"A-Ares?" The relief was so drastic that the mafia prince could breathe better yet the anger that followed it was consuming his soul turning the eyes pitch black.

Rose fiddled with her fingers barely controlling her the urge from hurling herself at him and being encased by his presence, for in his hold she had known salvation......a safe cocoon to bury her worries and get lost in his warmth.

"Did you have fun?" The voice made the Cattaneo princess flinch as her eyes widened when he closed onto her glaring.

"I am asking did you had fun making me go insane searching the entire world for you, worrying so much so it physically pains me." The footsteps when proceeded forward made Rose subconsciously step back, he drawfed her tiny body with his masculine frame, and when he held her shoulders Rose felt as if she had done something terrible making her tremble.

"A-Ares I....I don't....I did not wish to make you worry..please-"

"Did not wish to make me worry? How comical of you to say that when I am literally falling apart with your absence......tell me Rose how does it feel to have me dancing at your fingertips? Does it feel nice to throw tantrums and see me weeping tears of blood for you?"

"Enough!" The little angel could not take anymore before her eyes dampened and she broke down with pearl tears dwindling down that flushed face.

"I am throwing tantrums? My parents wants me to get betrothed to a boy my age! What should I tell them? *hiccup* If I say that because I like you very much and want to become someone worthy enough for you, would they believe me! Would you ever want me Ares?"

Loud sobs along with a shivering Rose made Ares's heart crumble.

"Am I even worthy of your attention?"