EXCERPT: Cinderella

//Just a small situation, not a full chapter//

"Sierra, what do you think about it?" Vincent Cattaneo was thinking deeply about the relationship between Rose and Ares on a cold winter night. Stone-laid fireplace burned flames with small ambers bursting now and then when Sierra poured a cup of hot chocolate for both of them.

"Truth to be told, I cannot decipher if we are lucky or if this is too good to be true...."

"The Waylons have withheld their side of engagement, Ares was courting Rose as he had said and was doing it with grace and proper etiquette."

By now the leading vassals of Mafia Regime were informed of the engagement and have started visiting Cattaneo clan to congratulate.

Things were going so smoothly thus Sierra was quite satisfied with Rose and Ares together, moreover, how can she not see her own child's heart, Rose had deep feelings for the mafia prince and was very devoted to him, all these years she did not had any male friends in the academy or out of it simply out of respect for the one she loved.

"If this goes on well, it shall be no big deal that we can announce their engagement officially." Sierra smiled thinking of something when there was the sound of a glass shattering in the background making the couple look in the direction with wide eyes.

Tomorrow was Rose's seventeenth birthday and she could not sleep with the joyful thoughts covering her mind thus had come down from her room in haste to get some warm milk to drink along with chocolate cookies while the deep conversation was going on making her pause in her steps.

"What did you say....I am.. w-what?"

"You are engaged to Ares."

Tiny hands covering her beautiful mouth trembled.

"....He is my fiancée?....so he did not lied to me."

Her Ares, so he belonged to her.

The clock struck twelve and that was the best birthday gift she could ever have.