Birth of a miracle

Little by little steps were taken forward as Rose wobbled with her big belly making Ares jump to catch her. Little giggles broke free from her lips as she avoided those arms that wished to hold her encased and then never let go.

"You want me to walk and exercise but then you cannot leave me do it myself." Ares made Rose walk everyday for ten minutes before a yoga instructor was called to help her exercise very mildly. Since it was already the ninth month for the Cattaneo princess, it was possible that she could give birth any day now thus to increase stamina of her body, the doctor suggested her such measures.

Yet unknown to the doctor who considered her husband normal, Ares was frightened to the extreme and treated Rose like she was a baby learning to walk again thus keeping an eye on her all the times.

For the first three months where she vomited whatever food was given to the next three where she felt insecure of her growing body was followed by the next three where Ares took a holiday and gave up all his responsibilities to his father Ajax were now coming to an end.

From food, to clothing, to all other activities currently she was never left alone, her bathing involved Ares testing the water ten times to check the correct temperature and then bathing her quickly before she was wrapped up in the maternity clothes. Cattaneo women were known to have difficulty in birth while his own mother had suffered much while Ares was born thus the man did not left any stone unturned in taking care of his precious wife.

The couple was bickering back and forth playfully when Rose stopped her arguments with colour draining from her face.

"Baby-"

"my...my water broke. D-daddy......my water broke!" After the words were uttered, there was a panic stricken Mafia man roaring for the guards at the top of his lungs to bring a car.

The driver felt sweat beads forming on his forehead as he sped drived with a crying woman at his backseat.

"Ah!" Soothing words as the bulging tummy was rubbed affectionately were uttered to distract Rose and by the time they arrived, the doctors were ready to take care of the queen giving birth.

_________________________________________________________

Ares was inside the ward holding Rose's hand as she was sleeping with the exhaustion of going through the rigorous process, the only difference from previously was that a pale yellow fluffed bundle was on her chest.

The doctor looked at the mafia king and tried to stop her laughter before smiling and saying some words to brink his frozen firm back to life.

"Congratulations to you Mr.Waylon, your princess is healthy and your wife too is doing very well. By the time the mother and child are sleeping, it will not be a problem for you to take a look at your daughter."

Ares who was staring frozen at the tiny thing for more than ten minutes now looked at the doctor in a daze. His family was waiting outside yet the man dared not move.

"My daughter......my Rose give birth to my daughter..a part of me.
I am a father now?" The statement came out more as a question before his breath hitched and as if realizing that this was not a dream, Ares with trembling fingers held the little cloth bundle engulfing a tiny human with so much care and affection as tears gathered in those cerulean-gray irises.

The babygirl in his arms was so fragile, maybe twice the size of his palms. So this was the human being that developed inside his soulmate in those nine months, how did that miracle happen....his own flesh and blood. His own heart beating out of his chest.

Was this how his father felt when he read Aurora a storybook all the while she ignored all his words and simply remembered to sleep in the warmth of his arms, smiling a little in her sleep as if knowing it was the safest place?

Was this the feeling, that blissful emotion incomparable to any euphoria when he saw his Rose and her little resembling copy with those small eyes closed as she breathed so tenderly.

If Rose was his soul the this baby was every heartbeat that made him feel alive.

Ares sat down beside his sleeping wife and pressed his forehead against her, kissing those eyelids making them flutter despite exhaustion.

"You gave birth to our child Rose, my baby has been so brave all these months, so courageous to carry such a miracle and endure so much pain......sleep well my darling." Rose who did not had in herself to answer could only listen to those words with a feeble smile and looked at her daughter in Ares's hold.

Her family was complete....she wanted to shout and tell the entire world at this moment that she was a mother.

After that while Rose was shifted to the home with the new princess, all the members of the Cattaneo clan with the Waylons were on their tiptoes surrounding the woman.

Ajax held the crying Alaina in his arms as his forest irises gleamed, it seemed that only yesterday their own children were small and now, their son had a little babygirl of his own.

Calloused palms held the baby who woke up to the touch and for the first time opened her eyes to look into the dark greens of her grandfather making him laugh in astonishment and joy.

"The entire world must know that Ajax Waylon has a new precious flower in his family. Your birth is a blessing to us my darling...you are my heaven."