Carnal 1

Rose was an advisor to the current Mafia Empress, Aurora yet when the symptoms of her pregnancy started showing in the third month, she was given a tenure to rest. Although it was offered while taking note of Rose's physical and mental health yet the girl wasn't too happy regarding the same. It was already her seventh month and the feeling of her body changing so much and so suddenly was fearsome.

Pregnancy hormones kept her on the edge where throwing up food was common, insecurities and loneliness also started to kick in. Ares was working day in and day out to establish ties and strengthen already formed alliances and while everyone was busy in their own lives Rose started to feel useless to do nothing and sit down at home just like that.

For the past six years that she worked as an advisor, there were very few holidays that were offered, and even though the work was hectic and tiring out to the point of passing out from exhaustion as soon as she hit the bed, still the hard work was rewarded well enough, but now that she was on a leave, it more or less felt like she was being burdensome.

Looking out of the window that had sprinkling stardust onto the silk of omnipotent skies covered with magnificent hues of gray and blue, Rose smiled a little, those colors reminded her of Ares's irises when she met him for the first time, he was much younger then....sweet and dark like chocolate that had musk of cocoa yet never failed to make one feel warm and mushy.

He was so gentle with her, too afraid to even say bad words. Just like that Rose lightened her mood and prepared to greet her husband with a smiling face when he came home from a full day of work.

The bedroom door was knocked before the head maid entered with several of the packged items in her hand, three wrapped boxes that dwarfed the others that followed behind.

"Ma'am, Sir has informed that he will arrive soon and has sent these items for you, should I help you open them?" When Rose first married all the servants of Ares's household addressed her as 'Queen' since she had gained that title, yet due to her feeling awkward and uncomfortable with it Ares had asked them to be addressed instead as Sir and Madam.

The woman nodded smiling yet the way her face fell with sadness was just too obvious to be not seen.

Three hours passed and the one who was waited upon since afternoon arrived.

"Has Rose eaten something?" The files were thrown onto the glass table as he sped walked to the kitchen to cook dinner for his beloved sweetheart. Ares had a habit to borrow the office kitchen to cook a light meal for Rose and send it at home in the evening since the time he had become extremely busy, also a new routine to bathe before coming home had emerged since it enabled him to cook as soon as he stepped inside the manor.

"Sir, Ma'am finishes the meals you cook yet the cake from the bakery...... Madam does not touch anything else. Its not only today....every single day since the beginning of this month it is the same."

Ares who was cooking religiously froze for a moment as if he did not understood something. The cakes that he sent her were her favorite and Rose loved them so much so that she playfully fought with him to go to that place with him yet she refused everything.

It did not seemed alright.

Ares fed the girl and kissed her to sleep but the thing told by the headmaid was a warning sign, although the elderly woman had said less with her words but her meaning was clear-'The Queen is not okay since she has lost taste to the food, she eats what you cook since she does not wants to hurt or disappoint you.'

Rose who was held tight into the safe and loving hold yesterday night was feeling somewhat different about the new morning, Ares made her get up early and encased her into his arms, carrying her fragile self all the way to the kitchen and cooking for her as he talked to her about how was she feeling and what was her schedule for the day.