Attention

She was so tiny when compared to his buff physique, her little shiny black head reaching to the muscular chest of the male. Whenever his palm rubbed the baby soft hairs in the past, Ares realized that her entire being was so delicate, even those calloused fingers when wrapped around her shoulder made the mafia prince afraid that if pressed harshly it might leave red finger scars on her pale skin.

So when pearl-like tears escaped those glittering eyes without abandon as Rose cried trembling after her outburst, Ares felt heartbroken like a huge sin was committed by him to let those precious irises get misted over by salty tears. His warm palms cupped her face as she continued sobbing just like a dam of emotions that was obstructed for long by her will and determination broke free today.

Ares pulled her closer resting his forehead against hers. Just like feeling the restlessness and terror from her form, his Rose has suffered so much and all alone.

"It has always been all yours sweet baby, haven't my attention and care, all my devotion yours from the starting?"

When the whisper was like a deep manly baritone that melted like a chocolate melody in her ears, the red eyes that did not had the courage to look at him widened and started deep into the blue ocean of soothing love.

"Mine?"

"All my attention has always been yours Rose, I cannot forget the scene when you first entered my life darling and made me realize that there is a deeper meaning of the world around me thus the thing you desire shall be yours......always and forever little fairy." He did not said that he reciprocated her feeling... because he did not.

Rose liked Ares

Ares loved Rose

Rose wanted his presence

Ares wanted her to be happy even in his absence

Rose was a child that just saw a person and could not fathom why her heart bursted with so many emotions, she was uncertain when such intense feelings gripped her soul and forced her to not think of another if it was not Ares.

Ares had known that she would be his future and was certain in all aspects of it, she could say no and he would not be able to do a thing other than withering away.

He had no courage to tell her that he loved her when she was already amidst such a chaotic hurricane.

When the girl suddenly clutched his waist and embraced him as if seeking her comfort there, her head on his heart as if the lullaby could put her to sleep of salvation, Ares collected her further into his hold.

"There is no one courageous enough to make you comply to their wishes...your wish is my order and my order is the ultimate rule of this world."

Snow fell outside the window in clusters signifying it was soon going to be an oncoming of the hailstorm. Rose whom the man had not seen for many months appeared more than exhausted but she trusted his word as if the law that cannot be broken.

His mere presence made reality sink into deep her bones and make her realize that indeed she had made him more than worried, for him to fly from a different country in such weather...he had risked everything for her......even his own safety.

"Ares... my mere thanks would never suffice." she had no name for that war mushy feeling, no thoughts of that uncomfortable stuffy sense that weighed her heart as if something that she had never known about was placed there.

"Have you eaten anything yet my love?" The concerned voice asked when the angel had calmed down making her look at him.

"Can we eat together Ares?"

__________________________________________________________

The clan leaders were not entirely sure why they were called in a hurry. Vincent and Sierra seemed to not talk about it either making the old men feel some sort of apprehension. That son of the old master had always something to say to defend his daughter and his wife creating a fuss whenever they mentioned Rose when all they were doing was securing the future of the household.

The conference room opened and the two people who were seated could be seen clearly, usually, the leaders would have turned up their nose at someone who had no manners to sit before the elders yet right now they did not know if it was alright to sit at the same table as the royalty.

Sierra and Vincent took their respective places as they were too serious about this matter to take norms of propeterity into consideration.

"Regarding this matter it would be better if we can only talk to Mr Cattaneo and the matriarch before informing the elders." Alaina Storm said gently yet all the people present in the room were aware that she wasn't asking it, it was instead a rephrased statement for- we want to be left alone with Vincent and Sierra, you must wait outside for the next orders. Dismissed.

"Mr Cattaneo, Ares had informed us that you are looking for a boy worthy enough to be engaged to Rose in future, for now I think what you want for her is to be betrothed."

When the guards informed that King and Queen were coming themselves it seemed like a major issue yet this.....what about their Rose? She had returned yesterday night.

Sierra looked at her husband before giving affirmation to the statement.

"What do you think about our son?" As if a lightning flashed about the Queen, the words she said were too shocking for Vincent to believe.

"Mafia Royalty is much above our stature....how can we claim connections? Moreover Rose is young and naïve, she is not a genius like the prince and princess, if she would create any troubles she might get detested." Sierra could accept her daughter getting married in a normal clan but cannot send her to the royalty arbitrarily just for some power and raising their stature, not even fearing the wrath of talking as such the woman simply raised her guard.

"Mrs Cattaneo, Rose like Ares.....and I am aware that you know it, what I tell you now is that Ares have much deeper feelings for her, and today I will assure you that your daughter will be my daughter from now onwards, not a single hair of hers shall be harmed. About being betrothed to Ares its Rose ultimate decision....you wanted an engagement, I am offering one with my utmost blessings, oneday if Rose wants to get freed from this arrangement we would not stop her.

We will only keep this matter to ourselves within the clan and if outside only to a certain important people that you wish, Rose will not know anything of this and can live her life freely, Ares will be loyal to her no matter what....do you accept this?"

After much thought and discussions, Rose Cattaneo was betrothed to Ares Waylon yet till the age of nineteen she had no ideas since the man she loved never made her feel bound to him because he was only there to cherish her.