Chapter 8. Chilling day with Envy

I and Envy slept for really long time. When i woke up i was still hugging Envy but what surprised me was that he was hugging me back. I smiled with happiness. I moved myself closer to him. I felt happiness from his presence. It just felt great. He looked like he was sleeping really hard. I decide to make food on my own. Thanks to yesterday i knew where the kitchen was and food as well. I slowly stood up from bed and slowly and carefully kissed him on his cheek. Than i quietly walked away from room and went to small kitchen where i made food. I decide to make scrambled eggs. As i was preparing food i heard someone walk in. I looked at direction where i heard footsteps and found none other than Greed. I at first thought it was Ling but than remembrred what heppened yesterday.

~What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be hostage?

~Well yeah but i was there as prisoner or hostage even before you took over Ling's body. So i'm here long enough to feel here at home. I'm not planing to escape i'm just hungry so i decided to do some food. Do you want some?

Greed was kinda shocked by my answear.

~Uh okey. As you know i'm Greed i want everything so i want your food as well.

I smiled a little and took more eggs. Then i broke them on pan and start to mix it. I added there a little bit of salt and then continued to mix it. When i was done i divided it on 3 plates. Then i took 3 forks and one plate with fork gave to Greed.

~Hope you will like it.

I said and then Greed took bite.

~Whoa, you are really good at this. It tastes really good.

~Thanks

I told with smile. Meanwhile Envy woke up and started looking around him to find me.

~Shit! Did she escape? What was i thinking leaving her without security! Agggh this is baad.

Envy thought and then he ran away from his room to find me. I was exiting kitchen with two plates and i was on my way to Envy's room. As i was going i heard someone shouting.

~[Y/N]! Where the hell were you? I thought you escaped. Why did you went away without telling me?

~Oh sorry, you were sleeping so i didn't want to bother you. And i wanted to make food so you mustn't do it.

~Tch. Next time tell me where you are going and i'll go with you. I have to keep an eye on you. I nodded and then both of us went to Envy's room. I gave him his plate with fork and both of us started eating.

~Hmm, this is really good even though you are human.

~Thanks.

After some time both of us played some cards. It aas really hard for both of us to beat each other. Both of us were equivalent. Today was really chilling day. Envy didn't have any orders so we could be together. Later Envy and i decided to talk about various things.

~ [Y/N]? Why did you became state alchemist? And where did you learn your alchemy?

~Well i learned that alchemy from my dead dad. He researched alchemy and created this one but shortly before his death he passed his research on me and i decided to learn it. My mom died when i was born and dad when i was 5 years old. From that incident i lived alone but now for first time i live with someone else than by myself. Maybe that's why i like it here and don't want to escape. I have no one to escape to. I became state alchemist because i need money to live and that work i was doing before was inferior. And i also wanted some adrenaline and something where i can use my alchemy and i wanted to know more people.

Envy was just listening to me.

~Well that's so human like.

Envy said and then i asked him.

~Why do you think of yourself as of monster?

~Because i am monster. Didn't you saw my real form? And also i am sin just like my name said i'm Envy.

~Your real form is form you like the most. And even that scary form doesn't make you monster.

He looked at me while i was smiling. Then he stood up form bed to get something to eat. I was thinking about him cause i couldn't get him off of my mind. Meanwhile Envy was heading towards kitchen where he meet Greed.

~Oi if that isn't Envy? What are you doing here?

~I'm gonna make some food for that girl.

~That girl? You are so mean to her. And she went through all the trouble to surprise you with food she made. It was really good. Hope you liked it.

~What are you talking about? Surprising me with food?

~Yeah. She didn't tell it but I'm sure she made it just for you. She is just too kind so she made me some too. She likes you Envy. I can tell it.

~Huh? Are you kidding me?

~No. Why would i do that? Now i'm serious. She likes you. That's the only reason she isn't trying to escape. You really are blind if you don't see it.

~Tch. Whatever. She is just a mere human.

~You don't have to act this cold. I think you like her too. If not you wouldn't be so kind to her and maybe she would be already dead. I know you Envy.

Greed shouted at Envy as he took food and went away. When he came he let me eat it all but i still wanted him to eat too so i left him some of it. After a while i started to draw because Envy left to work or something. I drew him and me sitting near lake watching sunset. I suddenly noticed him coming back so i quickly shut my sketchbook and put it on ground along with pencils.

~What were you doing [Y/N]?

~N-nothing. Just drawing.

~What were you drawing? Because you shut it down as soon as i came in room.

~Just my little dream. Don't mind it, it's stupid.

I told to Envy and he let it be.

~It's really late so go to sleep. I have some work to do so i'll come later.

Envy told me and then went away. I decided to sleep because i was tired. In no time i was sleeping like dead. After about 2 hours Envy came back just to see me sleep. He saw as i was smiling while sleeping.

~I wonder what she is dreaming about.

Envy thought and then his look fell on my sketchbook laying on ground. He decided to take a peek. When he opened it he found some sketches and then when he looked at last one he saw drawing i was doing before. He saw myself and himself sitting near lake and looking at sunset. He then laid in bed next to me and hugged me. I unknowingly hugged him back and then he fell asleep with smile on his lips and little tears in eyes.