Chapter 18. Truth

Weeks passed and i and Envy were still together locked in cell. It was Mustang's day shift. I and Envy sat there playing cards and talking as quiet as possible because neither of us wanted Mustang to get mad.

~Ha! Next win. Now it's 3 in row!

~Tch. You are just lucky. I'm letting you win.

~Huuh?! That's not truth. You are so lame.

~Huuh? You're the one who's lame. When we were playing in my room i was always winning!

~No you weren't. We were about same good. But now i'm better.

~No you're not. You're just lucky this time. I will defeat you soon.

Envy told and i grinned and whispered to him.

~Back to the lamest person. Both of us know who is lamest one in here hahahaha.

I told as i pointed at Mustang. Mustang somehow noticed me and gave us both deadly glare.

~If [Y/N] wasn't human i would burn you by now!

I laughed as quiet as possible as well as Envy. Time passed and night guard arrived. It was some officier. He was so cold. He didn't even spare us single glance. Next day, other day shift guard arrived. That one didn't give a shit about us as well as night guard. We barely talked during his shifts because if we were to talk, he would immediately shout at us and he would get mad. We only played games so we were quiet. Another day passed and that day's night shift guard was Edward. Then Envy said.

~I never thought i would say that but i'm happy that pipsquek have guard tonight.

~I'm always happy when he comes because he is my friend and he is the only one who talks with us. Any of guards barely look at us. We are disgusting for them. Except Mustang. He hates us and he is making us feel it.

~This is probably only minus of being homucullus. Humans are looking down on us. I felt this all the time.

~Now i understand what it feels like. Now when i'm just like you. I'm sorry you had to go through all of this. I love you and you don't even know how much.

~I feel it same way. You were very first human to show kindness to me even though you knew what i did and you even saw my true forms. You are only one. I'm so happy you aren't human anymore. Now i can freely hate mankind with no regrets.

~Thanks Envy.

I heard something behind me and when i looked behind in split of second i saw Edward. He was totally confused and looked that he is about to freak out. I could tell just be look that he heard our conversation.

~E-Ed.

I managed to squeak totally scared. He stepped behind and then look at us. Then he took big breath and unlocked our cell and stepped inside.

~W-what was that? You aren't human [Y/N]? What do you mean by it?~

I look at him scared of what will happen. Only thing that came across my mind was than we should run away. Ed didn't lock cell and couldn't use alchemy so it would've work. It was night so there weren't many alchemits either.

~Y-you know- it's kinda hard t-to explain b-but y-yes i am no more human. I am homuncullus just like Envy.

I told and Envy interrupted me

~Yes she is homucullus. You have a problem, human?

~N-no. I don't have problem it's just interesting. How is that possible. I'm sure you were human [Y/N].

Ed said with suspiciously calm voice.

~Yeah i was-

~So how did you do that?!

Then Envy told.

~Nothing of your business. And i don't believe you. I know how you look down on us as well as others do.

~I hated you but i didn't look down at you. I wouldn't do that. And second. I don't want to do it this way but if you won't tell me i will tell about you to Mustang. And third thing. I'm [Y/N]'s friend so you can believe me i won't tell anybody.

I and Envy looked at each other and decided to tell him truth. When we explained he was totally fascinted, he didn't know what to say and asked for more informations. I then patted him with my left hand and then he realized.

~[Y/N] what is with your hand? I thought you have automial because Mustang burned your arm to ash. I saw it on my own eyes?!

~Uhh well along the way i changed to homunculus, process itself healed my arm so now i only pretend to have automail. You see? That's why i wear gloves.

~I see, you are using the same method as i did.

I nodded and after that he found out he didn't lock cell so he locked it and sat down back to us.

~Well Envy both of us know i hated you but because you are [Y/N]'s boyfriend i want us to get along. It's not that i forgave you for what you did but just to get along.

~Oh fine whatever.

I was happy and then i decided

~Well boys let's play some cards. I don't want to talk about humans and homucullus and stuff like this.

Both of them nodded and we started to play. It was really something. Edward was winning and both Emvy and I were furious.

~Oi Envy. What do you think about escaping from this place and locking this pipsquek in here?

~I don't mind it.

Envy stated and grinned. Then Edward shouted.

~[Y/N] i always thought of you as of friend but call me pipsqueak one more time and i will-!

Envy interrupted Ed.

~You will what? Tell that she is homunculus and lock us in here for the rest of our lives? That won't work. Our life sentence was already stated and that she is homunculus would mean experiments or immediate death sentence.

I sadly looked down and Ed stopped.

~I didn't want to say that.

~I know Ed. Let it be. Sooo now let's continue with games. Okey?

I tried to calm them down, both of them nodded and we played till morning. You were just talking when Ed remembered.

~Shit! I forgot. In no time there will be Mustang.~

~You know Ed. You are only one who talk with us. Others won't even look at us and Mustang is always yelling for every single little thing.~

~That's no problem, you are my friend.

Ed smiled, came out and locked cell behind him. That he took typical guard position and in no time Mustang showed up. They changed positions and Ed walked away. Envy then whispered.

~And now 2 days of hell begins.

I looked at him and hugged him.

~It will be good. We are together. And i want to try something.

Envy gave me questioning look to which i just smiled and waited.