Chapter 9. Start of fight

It was about one week. Days were passing one after another. After week Envy had finally some time off so we could talk. We decided to play Truth or Dare. Just the two of us. We were playing and lot of questions and tasks were told and done. Now it's my turn to ask Envy.

~Truth or Dare?

~Truth.

~Well Envy. I have one question for you. As your name tells you are envious. What is the thing you are most envious of?~

I asked him and he gave me weird look. He kinda looked like he didn't want to tell.

~Why do you want to know that?

~I just want to know. No specific reason.

~Humans.

~You are envious of humans? Are you serious?

~Aaaghhhh yes.

~Why?

~I dunno it's just-

~You shouldn't be envious of humans. They are so stupid, evil, bad, selfish, hateful and weak creatures. There's nothing you should be envious about.

~It's funny that you human told that.

~I never had choice. No one asked me if i want to be human, homunucullus nor animal. I hate being human. If i could i would reather be homuncullus just like you.

~You really are weird human.

~I know. You're telling me all the time.

When we ended this game Envy went back to his work. Now it's another 3 days. Envy went somewhere so i was alone so i continued my drawing. Meanwhile Envy was talking with Greed.

~You don't know what you feel. Do you?

~How can you tell?

~I know better that anyone that you Envy who have no problem to kill or torture anybody just for fun is now with human girl and you are way too kind to her. It's just not like you. I know that something inside you make you do this.

~You are talking as if you know what i feel.

~I don't know but that brat whom body i took over knows it. It's called love what you feel.

~Love? Are you serious? I'm Envy. I'm not supposed to feel anything else than envy. And even if i should feel something else it's not suppose to be... love.

~Well that's unusall but still possible even for you to feel. Now i'm going so see ya maybe.

~Wait where are you going?

~Away. I'm ending here.

~huh? You are going to betray ,,father,,? Again?~

~Yes if you tell it like that. I wonder what would you do if he told you to use that girl to open portal because you don't have enough sacrifices. See ya.

Greed left and Envy stayed kinda shocked. When he came back to me, both of us played cards. I saw that he was kinda speechless.

~Something must've happened, but what?

I thought and then i decided to ask him.

~Envy? What happened? You are kinda speechless.

~Greed betrayed ,,father,, again.

~Ouh so that's what happened. I was wondering what could it be. Why did he do that?

~I don't know exactly but he told me that ,,father,, and Wrath killed his friends and that he is gonna attack Wrath.

~Hmm. Well then i'm not surprised that much.

Ww continue to talk for long time. After another week Envy went to ,,father,, and he gave him new order. He came back to me.

~[Y/N] i have new work to do. When i'll come back i want to take you somewhere.

~Okey but i want to go with you. It probably have something to do with Ed, All and Mustang right? I want to go too. You can still use me as hostage so they won't do anything.

~Once again you are really really really  weird human. If you insist, come on, we don't have time. I don't feel like fighting. I want to talk with them but only if it goes right way.

I nodded and Envy went out from room. I took my gloves and then ran to him. Both of us were going together to some place. We were going through some dark tunnels and i didn't see where i was going. Envy suddenly stopped and i bumped right into him.

~What's wrong [Y/N]?

~N-nothing i just don't see that well.

~Oh that's the problem. You should've told sooner.

Envy grabbed and held my hand in case i would fall. I started to blush and i was glad Envy was looking forward and not at me. After 20 minutes i started to see light. As you walked further forward i came into all white room. Envy still held me by hand. I was standing there next to him and then i told him.

~Envy?

~hm?

~You should probably hold me more like hostage or they'll find out.

~Oh okey.

Envy then held me by my wrist. But still it was gentle. In another few minutes Roy and Ed showed themselves along with Hawkeye. They looked at us and Ed had murderous look on his face when he noticed Envy brought hostage with him.

~You damn monster let her be!

~Not now Fullmetal.

I saw as Mustang looked down on Envy. I was sad for Envy. It must be really bad feeling. I make my hand into fist and Envy seemed to notice it because he gently pat my hand with one finger. I wanted to tell something but Envy put his hand before me to prevent me from moving and talking. Then he whispered to me.

~Thank you and sorry but looks like it won't come good way.

Than he grinned and looked at Msutang.

~What's wrong with you flame alchemist?

~Before i'll kill you i want you to tell me something. Who killed Huges?!

~Maria Ross did

~No it wasn't her. Who was the one who killed him. I hate how you homunculli can't answear single question i'm asking!

I saw that Envy is going to tell the truth. He put on his grin even bigger and with laughter he told.

~ Congratulation flame alchemist. You've got your culprit. It was great me who killed him. And you know what was best part of it? I killed him with face of his beloved wife.

Envy told and then started to transform into Huges wife. It was painfull for me but i could take it. As he fully transformed i saw furious Mustang who was about to snap his fingers to attack.