Chapter 14. Troublesome situation

I and Envy were sitting and both of us had confused look.

~We have a visitor? Who could it be?

I thought and in no time officer came with someone. As i looked up at him i saw familiar tall man with black hair. I looked at Envy to see him with little bit scared expression. Not only from his expression i was sure it was Col. Roy Mustang.

~He for sure remembered the fight before defeating father as Mustang burned him.

I thought and look at Mustang.

~Leave us alone please.~l

Mustang said and soldiers nodded and took their leave.

~What do you want here?

I asked him with glare.

~Well looks like you are in very unpleasant situation. This doesn't look good.

~What are you talking about. We don't even know why are we here.

~You don't know? But he should know it well. He is here for Maes Huges's murder. And you because everyone think you are his accomplice.

Mine and Envy's eyes were wide open and i started thinking how to get away from this situation.

~[Y/N) stop it. It's useless to think of way out. For now both of you are facing the greatest punishment. Both of you will be executed or lifelong in prison.

First thought that crossed my head was that i am no longer human and if one of us died then the other will as well.

~ Dying is out of way for now. But lifelong locked in prison is catastrophe as well because we won't die. This is not good. This is really really bad.

I thought too much and my head started to spin a little. I tried to stop it but from stress i fell uncontious.

Envy noticed that i are was as hell and when i fell uncontious he started to worry a little but Mustang took the opportunity and came to him.

Envy's POV

~I noticed that [Y/N] was scared and that situation was bad. Even if we escaped we would be targeted whenever soldiers would see us and we were...weak... against Mustang's alchemy. At least...i was.

As i was thinking i found out that Mustang took opportunity to come closer to me. I immediately knew something bad is about to happen.

~Well now [Y/N] is totally ignoring us so for now there's something you can do to save her.

~Tch. What is it.

~ I will tell that you held her as hostage and she will be out of this. You made her do everything she had done. She will be cleared in eyes of everybody. You will take blame for everything. Then you will cooperate with us to get out from death penalty and end up with being lifelong in prison. Of course while you still have your powers it would be difficult so i have to make sure you won't use them. It may hurt but think of saving [Y/N] from the same suffering. You will regenerate but she wouldn't. I would be rather if i can burn you to death but for her sake i will let you rot in prison forever.

Mustang told me with nasty glare at his eyes.

~As if i would do as filthy, worthless human like you tell m-  AAAAAGHHH

Mustang snapped his fingers burning my skin. It was so unbearable pain. Then he snapped again and again and again and again.

~AAAAGGRHHHHHHHH, AAGGHHHHHH

~I was almost at my limit. I couldn't even shape shift. [Y/N] could still use her powers but only a little bit.

I thought.

~So for now there's no way you could escape. Now i'm gonna ask one last time. You can save her by letting yourself rot in cell forever. I would rather burn you to death but i don't feel like doing it because of her. I can't understand how could she fall for such disgusting monster like yourself. But because she fell for you instead of me i will let her guard the cell you will be thrown into. She will be in despair that she can't be with the one she love. I will tell that it will be her punishment doing bad things even if she didn't want to. And as i think about it. You have no other choice. As you are now you can't escape and risk her life. If you don't accept it both of you will be executed. I don't want to execute her but your death will be pleasure for me. So one last chance to decide.

~Shit. This worthless, filthy human. There's really no choice. Even if he wouldn't want to do it he would have no choice. Shit. But this is only thing i can do for her. Humiliating like this. Pathetic filthy human. I can't shape shift and even small injury won't heal. Shit. I have to accept it for sake of our lifes. I hate him even more now.

I thought for a moment and then i responded.

~Tch. Okey. I accept it.

~Even monster like you can have at least little of common sense.

My POV

I slowly found myself wake up. I looked around me to see Envy totally beaten. I come closer to him.

~A-are you okey? What happened? Did Mustang done this to you?

~Uh-um. But don't mind it. For now let it be. Soon he will come here. Just act as it will go. Okey? And for now act like you are trying to avoid me.

My heart skipped a beat, i didn't know why would he want something like that from me and i felt scared.

~I don't know why you want me to do that and i don't like it, i am totally confused but okey. I believe in you.