Chapter 19. GAME

It was Mustang's shift. I laid on cot with Envy and thought.

~Will it work? Should i try it? I don't know. He isn't easy convincing guy but he feel something for me. Right? But what about that hatred towards Envy? Should i try it? Well it's now or never. And even if it won't work then whatever. We've got nothing to lose. So [Y/N]. Let's do this.

I told myself while siting on cot and then stood up. I made 3 steps to bars when deadly glare met my eyes and it made me freeze on spot.

~Don't even try to do something ,,funny,,.

Mustang said and i with scared face looked at him. Then i took another step closer.

~Y-you know whilr you are guarding us it's kinda pain with these deadly glares and tense atmosphere.

~I don't plan on changing it. I don't want to have anything with that monster and people who are with it.

~I hate your attitude. You killed as many people as he did in cold blood and still you hate him. And you hate even me? You wanted to protect me, you let me live with you and yet now you don't even look in my face. You think he is monster? I think you are bigger one. You hurt me even though you should have protected me. I lost arm because of you. Now i have to wear automail. So now i hope i triggered you somehow and i want to challenge you.

~You want to challenge me? Hahaha no way i'm letting you out of cell.

~I don't need to be out. It's game. If i win you will let it be. Everything that happened between me, Envy and you will be past and not affecting us right now. If you win then i let you be and i won't bother you. Is that deal?

~Ha you look like you are another person. I accept your challenge. But be sure that you have no chance. It's deal.

~okey so me and Envy make team.

I thought back to time in Envy's room. We were both same good in cards so this shouldn't be problem. Then i told to Mustang.

~ You can make team as well with someone.

~Okey i will took Riza. I'm gonna call her here.

~Ok.

Mustang went to call Riza and i came to Envy.

~Did you see? If we win he will stop with this attitude. We just have to win. We are playing SEDMA. We will play a cross teams so both of us will be collecting points together.

~I dunno, we are good at the game but we don't know what they know about it.

~That's true but even if we loose then nothing will change.

After about hour Riza arrived and both of them went inside of our cell and locked it behind.

~Well i will explain rules. We are playing with sedma cards. Me and Envy are team one and you two are other team. With your teammates you need to sit opposite to each other. There are Ace and X (10) cards important. Every single of them have 10 points. In this game we need to get as many points as we can. Maximum points are 80. No cheating allowed. Now everyone have 4 cards in their hand. Others are in pack. If i put down card with ,,IX,, (9) there are only two cards that can beat this card. Another ,,IX,, (9) or ,,VII,,(7). it's about which card is put down. Card ,,VII,,(7) can beat every single card. Then only card with same sign that is laid first can beat it. You are one team so your points are counted together. Do you understand?

Both Mustang and Riza nodded.

~So let's go to the game.

Everybody had their cards in hands. I was starting and put down ,,X,, (10) card. I smiled because i started with point card. Mustang was next and he put there random card. Envy threw there another random card and then Risa put in game another ,,X,, (10) card and she beat my card. I smiled because i had good cards. I put in another ,,X,, (10) card and took it as mine again. Mustang threw there ,,VII,, (7) card so he made it his. Envy did the same so cards were ours again. Risa threw in random card so we won this round. Envy took cards to himself and now he is the one that starts because he won for us those cards. He put down ,,king,, card and Riza is next one. She threw there random card and i did the same. Then Mustang threw another ,,king,, card. *agggghr* i heard as Envy growled because he lost our lead.

~Don't worry Envy. We have 30 points while they have 0. so we can still win.

He nodded and it was Mustang's turn. He put in game last ,,X,, (10) card and nobody wanted to fight over this card. Why would we use our important ,,VII,, (7) cards for small chance of winning? Every one put there random card and  Mustang continued his lead. He took few random cards untill Envy didn't take our lead back. It was 30 points vs 10 points. 40 points were still in game. Envy started games with random cards until we were left with no cards in pack.

~This fight will probably decide.

Mustang said and grinned. Everybody had 4 cards in hand and all of us were ready to fight. Envy put down ,,Ace,, and grinned. Next one was Riza and she put another ,,Ace,, in so she beat it. I then done the same and beat it back. Then Mustang hit there ,,VII,, (7) card and took it to himself. Then Envy put in his ,,VII,, (7) card as well. And then it hit me. I wasn't the last one to have an ,,Ace,, card and Envy doesn't have it either so it means it's in Riza's or Mustang's possession. Riza put down random card and i put down random card as well. Then all of us realized that Mustang had last one card. He grinned and put down his ,,Ace,, card. None of us had cards to beat it so he just took it to himself.

~Well, well [Y/N]. Looks like we won. It's 50-30 for us. Am i right?

I somehow nodded but i didn't want to admit our defeat.

~Well then it's going to be in old version. So don't you dare to do anything funny or i will be mad and maybe by mistake my fingers will snap.

Envy and i both looked frustrated.

~Okey i accept conditions. But i really hate tense atmosphere so at least let's play cards sometimes. I'm sure even you are bored during guarding. Right?

~Okey. I don't mind. This was kinda entertaining. But i will never forgive any of you.

I nodded and then with Envy i laid back on cot. Mustang's shift was near end so i and Envy decided to talk a little and then we went to sleep.

~I'm sorry i ruined game. I hope that he would stop with insulting but we lost. I'm sorry.

~Ahh [Y/N] don't mind it. It always happens to me. Don't mind it anymore okey?

I nodded as i saw change of guards. Mustang left and now it's guy that doesn't mind our existence. We decided to go to sleep and both of us fell asleep in hug.