Jeon Jungwoon

Jungkook

Krrriiiggg.. kringggggg...

I was a little bit startled when my personal phone rings. I reached for it and look who calls me. It is my Mom. I remember that today is the day my son will be living with me. I almost forgot because I am too busy rushing to close this deal in Japan with Mr. Cha. I answered the phone, setting aside my work.

"Hello mom."

"Jungkook-ah, we are here in the house. Could you please come? Your baby's already looking for you. He's been fussy all throughout the flight." Mom said tiredly.

"Okay mom. I'll be there in a moment." I turn off the call and prepared to leave. I walk out and went to Ms. Jung to instruct her.

"Ms. Jung, I'll be out today. I have something important to do. Please reach me if there is something important you wish to tell me, okay?"

"Sure Sir." She said and I hurried out of the building and instructed my driver to get me home. On the way to my house, I recalled all the past events that had happened in my life.

Flashback

Lisa and I met when I was on my first company meeting after this company was turned over to me. It happened in Bangkok Thailand. The fashion brand that my company collaborated with held a mini fashion show as a part of promoting their brand to investors like me. She happened to be the top model and endorser of that brand. I never believed that first love does exist. But the moment I laid my eyes on her, everything seemed to stop and blur. Only her is the focus of my vision. To say she is beautiful is not enough. She is a goddess. She has small face adorned with big round eyes, pointy nose and thin lips. Her body has curves that are perfectly in place. But what captivated me more about her is her charisma, her swag. Women like her are always my type. I don't fancy cute and pretty women. To cut the story short, I introduced myself to her and we became a thing. We dated for almost a year and I must say she became my everything. We love, adore, respect and support each other. Everything seems perfect until it was not. I could still feel the happiness I felt when Lisa announced to me that she is pregnant with our baby. I was in cloud 9 at that time that I immediately plan to propose. She was ecstatic too, however two months before our wedding, I felt that something was different about her, she has become irritable which she blames to her pregnancy. Then one night, she said to postpone the wedding for a reason that she wants to be sexy and beautiful when she walks down the aisle. So we finally agreed to get married after our baby is born. When finally she delivered our son, she became more and more distant and cold to me. I tried so hard to reach her and ask her what's wrong but she just brushed it off saying she probably just suffers from post partum. It continued until Jungwoon was 5 months old when I went home from the office from the phone call coming from my son's nanny telling me that Lisa left home. I was confused and hurt at that time. I re-read her letter over and over again. Unable to believe that she left us. Me and Jungwoon. In her letter are only three fucking words. I AM SORRY. I was devastated for many months. My parents decided to get my son under their care because I am not myself anymore. I drink, partied, involved myself in a fight. My dad again took over the company. I was wasted everyday. What brought me back to being sane is when my son became very sick, at less than 2 yrs old, he was operated . That made me try to live my life again. For my son. For me women are not worth it. They just become an object to me, I would use them, then dumped them when they are needed anymore. Lalisa Manoban broke me, I am broken beyond repair. I hate her for everything she's done to me. I hate her for hurting me. I hate her for leaving me. But most of all, I hate her because of the fact that despite the hate I have for her, she is still the one I love. I hate myself for still hoping that maybe someday, she will be back. If she has good and valid reason why she left that day I will forgive her. I want to give my son a complete family.

"Mr. Jeon, we are here already." I was startled when my driver informed me that I am already infront of house.

"Okay. You're good to go Mr. Shin." I dismissed him and went inside the house.

"Daddy!" I was greeted by my mini-me , I scooped him up and give him kisses all over his face.

"Jungwoonie! Did you miss Daddy?"

"Neh, Woonie miss daddy a lot!" He answered putting his head on between my neck and shoulder.

"Aigoo. Should daddy put Woonie to sleep tonight?" I kissed his temple, my mother was just looking fondly at us.

"Yehey! Daddy will buy me Woody also right dad?" I just chuckled and nodded.

"Come on son, let's eat first before the food gets cold." My mom said as she came near me and I kissed her cheek. We ate while talking. My son is in his high chair munching his choco pancake.

"So son, how have you been?" My mom asked.

"Still the same mom. I am busy with closing up deals."

"What about your love life son?" I look at my mother as she said that. I could feel her worries and sadness.

"I am not interested in dating mom. There are plenty of girls if I wanted to." I just said plainly.

"But, Jungkook-ah you promised your son to give him a mommy. You know son, I am worried. Yiur son is growing up, almost every night he asks me where is his mommy."

I sighed. Yes, I remembered one time when we went to the mall and Jungwoon suddenly asks me why he doesn't have a mommy. He is a smart boy. He observed his surrounding and he felt that almost all the children are with their moms. I have never been thankful with the waiter who arrived bringing us our order saving me from answering that very difficult question.

"I will just cross the bridge when I get there mom". My mom just shake her head and cintinued eating.

Later that night, as I put Jungwoon to sleep, I ask him what he wants for his upcoming birthday. His answer had me choking in extreme despair.

"I want to ride ferris wheel with you and mommy on my birthday daddy. I want mommy to buy me a woody cake." Jungwoon said as he look at me.

That had made me stay awake for an entire night. My heart is aching for my son. His wish broke my heart.

So, what can you say about this chapter guys?