Total Heartbreak

My phone beeped indicating a message. Eunwoo is currently paying for an ice cream while I wait for him in one of the benches inside the park. I opened the message and instantly paled. I wanted to cry. I know this will happen but being confronted by it in reality made me wanted to shout and cry in pain

Yerin you go take the flight going back to Korea tonight. I will stay here with Lisa for two nights to settle things. She'll be coming home with me. Yes, we're back to being together. Thank you for bringing me back the woman I love. I'll ask Teahyung hyung to pick you up.

Anyways, I have one final request. Can you stay with Jungwoon and help me getting him ready for Lisa's coming?

My hands are trembling and my throat constricted due to how I try to stiffle my cry.

God! I thought I am ready for this kind of pain. I thought wrong. It's too painful to be confronted by the realness of the pain.

I began sniffing, my eyes burned for unshed tears. I don't want to do anything now but to go back to the hotel and cry.

I hastily wiped the tears that escaped from my eyes when Eunwoo came back.

"Yerin-ah? You okay?" Eunwoo asked me with worry evident on his voice.

"O-of course. Is that my ice cream?" I tried to smile and reached for my ice cream.

He silently handed it to me and stayed silent eyeing me.

I tried to eat it but I just can't swallow. I am in too much pain as of the moment to enjoy even the best ice cream in Tokyo.

"Yerin, it's okay to sometimes be not okay." My head snapped at his direction.

He was not looking at me but at the couples that walked around the park.

"Hmmm?" I pretented I didn't hear him.

"Yerin just cry. Cry and it will ease your pain a little." He said as he looked at me.

I tried not to cry but the way he said it, the way he understands me even without me telling him, his comforting presence is enough for me to let go of the pain I am holding in.

I cried. I let go of the tears I'm holding. My whole body shook. I weep for my heart that's being crushed. As I cry, Eunwoo never said anything. He just lend me his shoulders, holding me tightly. I lost track of how long I cried in his embrace. When my cries turned to soft whimpers only Eunwoo let go of me and cupped my face.

"Yerin, you are beautiful, you are worthy, you are loved. Your pain doesn't make you ugly. It only makes you shine brighter. Just hang on Yerin. I do not know what causes your pain but you have me. You can lean on me, even as friend."

Why did I not meet you first Eunwoo? I should have given you my heart. I wouldn't have been suffering from this kind of pain.

I covered his hand that cupped my face.

"Thank you Eunwoo. I should have met you first. Maybe in another life there's a place for us. I will search you there first." I tried to joke to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Yes Yerin, let's do that in another life. But for now, I just want you to be strong and happy."

We held each other for a couple pf minutes before I asked him to drop me off at the hotel. He did and even waited for me and sent me to the airport. He never left until my boarding time.

"So this is it Yerin. I hope to see you again, smiling." He gave me his billion dollar smile.

"I wish you the same. Thank you for a ver short but wonderful friendship Eunwoo." I finally said before turning away.