Love that Ends before It Begins

"Oh god! I'm so full. Thanks for the dinner Jungkook-ah." I said while he entered the pass code on our suite.

"I'm glad you've enjoyed it." He smiled sheepishly when he said that.

"Of course. I love food, you know. Especially if it's for free." I said and lied down on the couch.

"Hmmmm. Want to have some wine?" He offered as he opened a bottle of red wine.

"Sure. But I will shower first. I tend to get lazy after drinking wine."

"Okay. Take your time. I'll be there in the balcony." I just nodded and go to the bathroom.

I am sitting here in the balcony enjoying the view with a bottle of wine. I think about my life. My past. My present and what would possibly happen in the future. I sighed and got my phone out of my pocket. I typed something and later on a picture appeared.

 I typed something and later on a picture appeared

Lisa Manoban. The woman whom I loved and cherished the most aside from my mom. This picture was taken in the airport but she looked so dazzling. No wonder everyone falls for her. Until now, I can't still fully moved on from her. If you think I really have no idea where she is, YOU are wrong. I've always known where she is and what she is doing. But my pride always stops me from confronting her. I am also afraid of the closure I might get from her when we talk. Yes! I am a fool. I am a fool for hating her and loving her at the same time. Everytime when I miss her I will just look for her pictures in the internet. God I still love her!

I didn't notice that I was already crying while caressing my phone screen. I was only made aware when a soft hand touched my shoulder.

"Ohh Y-yerin? You're done already?" I tried to wipe my tears and smiled but she just shook her head.

"It's okay Jungkook. Cry if you must. Don't let my presence bother you. I'll just be here." She said and sat comfortably beside me and closed her eyes.

I'll just be here. The words I did not expect from someone aside from Lisa.

Jung Yerin. What was she to me? A stranger who doesn't know anything about me aside from being her employer. A woman whose life was entangled with mine because of my son. She is someone who accepted and loved my son genuinely even when she is not his real mom. The woman who in a very short time stayed to offer me comfort even if I haven't told her my story. She is willing to listen, willing to understand, willing to compromise. She is the one here with me now.

"Yerin?" I began.

"Hmmmm." She responded without opening her eyes. I turn to look at her. She looked too serene. Her head is slightly tilted, the moon accentuated her lovely side profile.

"Why?" She opened her eyes and finally look at me.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

I turn to look away and just stared at the sparkling city lights below our unit.