Still the One

Jungkook

I went downstairs to inform Yerin that she can now go in Jungwoon's room after I finish bathing him. WhatI did not expect to see is  V hyung and her laughing happily together. The scene just make my blood boil. I can't understand myself today. My emotions are mixing up. I cleared my voice, still pissed. When I told her to come up so she can leave immediately after she puts Jungwoon to sleep, I watched hyung raised his eyebrows which I just ignored. I don't want to talk to him right now. I hope he got the message, but this hyung is a bastard.

"So? What's that all about?" He asked.

"What?" I replied with a question.

"Come on JK! What's with tone you used with Yerin just a moment ago? Yerin? Really? I didn't know they are that close to call her with just her name.

"What are you talking about hyung? I just told her to hurry up so she can go home early." I reasoned out. He just look at me suspiciously but decided to just let it pass.

"Tsk! So, you find your son an instant Mommy now, I just knew.

"It was an unfortunate incident hyung. He could just called any woman mommy because he is desperate to have a mother. Nothing is really serious about it though!" I sounded defensive right now but i don't care.

"Really? But aren't you questioning why of all the women present at that time, why did he choose Yerin as his mom?" Now that V hyung mentioned this, I started thinking also. Why did Jungwoon think Yerin is his mom? What's with her?

"That had you thinking right JK?" He voiced out my thought.

"I don't know hyung. Maybe because at that time she was the only woman I talked to. Yes! That must be the reason." I am proud of myself for finding the reason of my son's action.

"Alright. That is a valid point. So what now? Where do you go from here?" I eyed him with questions in my eyes.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, what are your plans after this? Do you want to continue making him.believe that Yerin is really her mom?"

"Of course not hyung. I will make him understand that Yerin is just my secretary. Someone who works for me."

"Good. It will be unfair for Yerin to be suddenly involved in this situation." I raised an eyebrow AGAIN when he said that and my annoyance at him saying her name is getting bigger.

"Wait hyung, are the two of you close enough for you to call her name basis?"

"We're not close enough YET Jk but I'd like to get to know her more."

"Why?" I clenched my jaw.

"Why? She is a nice girl Jungkook-ah. She is cute and pretty too. She has great skin and body too. So why not?" A smile creeps on his lips as he said that. I am.suddenly fuming right now.

"Keep your hands off her Taehyung hyung!" I said through clenched teeth.

"Wait! Why are so touchy today jungkook? And why are you trying to keep me from befriending your secretary?" He is now looking at me and I could sense that he too is annoyed at me.

"No reason. Just stay away from her or any of my best employees hyung. She's not for anyone like you!"

"And she's for somebody like you? Is that what you are trying to say?" V hyung said while we are looking tensely at each other.

"You are being an unreasonable bratty asshole now Jungkook-ah. Are you interested in your secretary?" His question made me feel like I was slapped back to present. I relaxed my stiff shoulders and sighed.

"No hyung. I don't have any feelings or whatever for her. It's just that, what if you will be a thing and things will turn out bad between the two of you. As I have said hyung, she is my best employee. I don't want to be awkward to her just because a stupid hyung of mine decided to break her heart." I joked and that seem to bring us back to friendly situation again.

"Yah! Is that how you think about me? I'm hurt JK!" He said as he fakely rub his chest.

"Hahaha. Joking aside hyung, please stay away from her hyung." I begged.

"Okay Jungkook-ah. I will try to keep away from falling for her but you cannot tell me from at least being friendly to her when she is around, arraseo?" I sighed and nodded. Atleast I know, the chances of her meeting my friends is so slim. We continued talking to whatever when finally Yerin descended the stairs and went to where we are sitting.

"Hmmm Mr. Jeon, he is asleep right now. I think I should go. It is getting late already." She said while looking at me.

"Of course Ms. Jung and Thank you so much for what you've done."

"You're welcome Sir. So, I must take my leave now Mr. Jeon and Mr. Kim. Good night." She bowed at us.

"Wait, do you want me to drive you home?" I asked.

"No need Mr. Jeon. I can manage. Thank you anyway." She politely refused. I just nod and guided her to the gate. V hyung just remained in his seat. He is probably gonna sleep here tonight.

We are in our gate now. She opened the car but before she gets in she stopped for a while and look at me.

"Mr. Jeon, please don't take this as prying in your private life. But please Sir, have yourself a woman that you could SERIOUSLY fall in love with. Please give Jungwoon a real mother. He is an angel and a darling. Give him the best thing he could hoped for. A great family with you and the woman whom you choose to become his mom." She said in a very serene and gentle voice. I can't help but nod and smile at her.

"R-right. I will try. Thank you again and sorry for taking away your precious day off Yerin-ssi. Have a good night."

"It's okay Mr. Jeon. Good night." With that she gets in and started the engine. I watched as her car was lost in my vision before I went back in but her words still rings in my ears. I sighed deeply. I look up in the sky which is now laden with stars. I really do hope I could find such kind of woman Ms. Jung. I hope I still have a chance for happy endings. I hope she's still thinking of going back at us. Because no matter how much I hate her, I could not deny that she's still the one I loved and hoped for. I sighed. I wiped the tears that threaten to fall.

I proceeded and saw V hyung stood up. I just told him to go to the guest room and make himself comfortable there. Maybe he saw the tiredness and sadness in my eyes that he patted my back softly and without saying anything went to the guest room. I then go to my son's room. Seeing him peacefully sleeping while hugging a pillow maybe thinking he is still in his mommy's embrace had my tears finally fell. For tonight I will just let myself let go of sadness. I will let myself wallow in pain for me and my son. Tonight, I am not the jerk, rich, cold and stubborn CEO Jeon Jungkook. Just for this night, I am allowing the sad, insecure and broken Jungkook take over. I climbed the bed and hugged my son tightly in an attempt to comfort myself. I feel him moved little.

"Daddy?" He softly uttered. I just hugged him more and whispered.

"Shhhh sleep now my baby." And I felt him relaxed once again and fall back in sleep. While more tears come out from my eyes. Soon, I will be okay. I hope so.

Another chapter is done. Hope I still hold your interest. Xoxo