Prologue

P H A N T O M B L O O D

"Recuérdame."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The year 1868 was rather uneventful. Queen Victoria is still on the throne, toilet roll had successfully existed for eleven years and according to the gregorian calendar, it was a leap year.

Despite earlier year's in the 1860s being filled with the American civil war and the death of Prince Albert, 1868 is as before mentioned quite uneventful.

However, the Joestars seemed to have missed the memo about the quite uneventful year of 1868 considering their carriage driver had a stone spike sticking out of his face.

It would seem he, two horses and the beloved Lady, Mary Joestar, had all been skewered in some terribly sad and fatal way. Unfortunately for an unsightly Mr Dario Brando, Goerge Joestar and his infant son had both survived the crash bucket unkicked.

Yes, it appeared George was very much alive, remaining conscious long enough to doom his bloodline for the next hundred years, all by simply thanking the Londoner come to 'rescue him'.

Soon the fated encounter would end. Joestars and Brandos not encountering each other for years to come. Still, this was not the only time destiny would spit on the noble family in the partially uneventful year of 1868.

Just as death had come knocking for Mary Joestar, (M/N) (L/N) had repeatedly banged a weathered fist against the weathered door knocker of Joestar manor. Looking for employment into the service of a servant lacking lord.

Jobs were hard to come by considering how overpopulated cities like London were, so the small (L/N) family had moved out to the quiet countryside after the tragic death of (F/N) (L/N).

See, while 1868 was relatively uneventful there was never a lack of horrible disease outbreaks in the overcrowded capital city.

This meant that the lovely Mr (L/N) had the utmost pleasure of meeting his end in a filth-ridden hospital bed. Leaving his wife and infant to flee to the countryside to escape the medical bills.

A simple and sombre series of events sealing the fate of the friendship between (Y/N) and the Joestar bloodline for the next hundred years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Joestar estate was a lovely sight even from outside the large manor. The gardens were well-loved and taken care of by the old and withering groundskeeper and his helper, the one and only (Y/N), who was barely taller than the Canterbury bells they grew.

On this particular day, the sun was shining brightly over the rows of hedges and flourishing flower beds. The water of the three-tiered fountain shining under the daylight

"Hey, Jojo! Jojo look it!" A (h/c) haired gardener in training called out to the lord's young son, both of them six years old.

The little aristocrat was sat in the garden with an equally little dog, a puppy given to him on his birthday, running around him in the spring grass.

"Is it another snail?" Jonathan's attention on Danny excitedly switched to what his companion was hiding between two chubby cupped hands.

"Nope! Look! It's a potato!" (Y/N) revealed the potato and gleefully held it up to Jonathan's face. The boy in question tiled his head and tried to figure out what was special about it.

Upon noticing their friend's confusion (Y/N) grinned even brighter at his silliness, "I peeled it myself! My very first potato ever!"

"You're getting better (Y/N)! Soon you'll be the best potato peeler in the county!" Jonathan's eyes widened at the impressive proclamation and he grinned with his missing front teeth on display, "Maybe even the world!"

"Jojo you're a genius! If I become the best potato peeler in the world they'll have to let me go into the kitchen more!"

Maybe it was because (Y/N) was still very young or maybe it was because of the mess that followed them but they weren't exactly welcome in the kitchen. They weren't exactly the best at cleaning or laundry or anything needed as a servant for the Joestars either.

This was the reason why they found themself helping out in the many gardens with the old groundskeeper. If anything the child flourished at gardening, the springtime on the grounds blooming in the same chubby hands that now held the potato.

"But (N/N) if you work in the kitchen Danny will be out here all alone during my lessons!" Jonathan's eyes widened and he stood up pointing at himself in naive horror, "Oh, Danny is such a lovely doggie he couldn't possibly be left all alone! Say, where is Danny?"

The white and black puppy had stopped his excited yapping and both children quickly looked around for him. (Y/N)'s eyes also widened at this point, "My potato's gone too!"

The blue-haired boy had started laughing, his entire body shaking with the effort of it despite his friends obvious panic and pointed over to the now found hound. "I'm afraid something terrible has happened to your potato (N/N)."

(Y/N) looked to where their friend was pointing and to their horror the missing dog had stolen and began eating the missing potato.

"Danny no! Danny, you can't eat that! Jojo stop laughing! Oh, this is really bad!" The dog continued his devouring and the lord's son continued laughing and soon (Y/N)'s potato was all gone. The gardener in training huffed and walked away from the rude boy and his potato stealing dog to focus on a flower bed instead.

"These daffodils care more for my misery than you do!" Despite their best efforts to evoke a more regretful emotion from the boy, Jonathan continued to laugh at his pets horrifying, potato eating actions.

"Come on (N/N), cheer up." The Joestar headed over to the daffodils and poked his friend. "It's just a potato, let's play!"

Huffing a second time the (E/C) child looked away from the arrangement of yellow blooms and into the joy saturated eyes of her best friend, "Only if we play pirates."

"But I wanted to play toy soldiers!" The bluenette gasped. The two children held a fierce staring contest until (Y/N) eventually won and they both agreed to play pirates.

The two looked quite silly in the large pirate hats and eye patches but they thought they looked fearsome in their imaginative minds.

The mighty admiral Jonathan and feared pirate captain (Y/N) engaged in a show-stopping battle, captivating their one dog audience's attention completely.

"(N/N)?" Jonathan continued fighting bravely but he looked deep in thought under the shadow of his plumed hat.

"Giving up Captain Jojo?" Came the taunting response, the pretend pirate smirking as much as a kid could.

"No! Of course not!" To make his point Jojo clashed their swords together, creating an obnoxious clacking sound, "I have a question!"

"Well, what is it?" The gardener in training spoke and pushed back against the Joestars sword with their own.

"We'll always be friends, right?" He continued trying to fight but his words stopped his opponent.

"Of course we will silly! As sure as the honeysuckles bloom!" (Y/N) smiled and Jojo soon smiled as well, lowering his sword.

"Pinky promise?" Jonathan quickly held out his pinky and (Y/N) accepted it with their own soon after.

"Pinky promise!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But it all changed when the fire attacked!

Kinda funny writing a somewhat sophisticated fight between two six-year-olds but I wanted it to seem like what they'd have seen :p

Enjoy!