Chapter Twenty Four

P H A N T O M     B L O O D

   "We're still striving for the sky."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now, shall we have ourselves a zombie clean up party?" Tonpetty says to the Straizo as the two face the remaining zombies. Imagine being a Hamon user, couldn't be you haha.

"Is Mr Joestar going to be alright?" Poco asks you as the noise of zombies being melted starts up in the background. His sister holds him close like she's worried about him talking to you and that's not hurtful at all.

"I think he'll be okay," You look at the bluenette passed out on you and adjust your arms on him, "It's probably best to let him lay down now, poor baby."

You scoop Jojo up and stand, pausing for a moment to make sure you won't drop him before walking inside with him. Speedwagon gasps, following behind you, "Just how strong are you now? Jupiter, you're carrying a man like a sack a' feathers!"

"Not sure, haven't been able to carry him since we were fifteen! This is great!" You walk out and past the room of dying zombies until you're back into the hallway, "Say, can you do me a favour?"

"Depends. Y-you don't want to drink my blood do you?" The blonde asks nervously, gulping when you stop walking.

"What? No! Get the door, you muppet!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you went to go lay down Mr Joestar when you found the baby and the mask?" Straizo asks in disbelief, looking between you and everything you'd found.

You nod, still holding Jojo like a princess but now you also have the babbling baby strapped to your back with a scrap bit of tartan fabric and Speedwagon's holding the mask like it's made of nastiness.

"And the baby wasn't eaten by any of the zombies? None of them stole the mask?" Straizo flicks some of his hair over his shoulder and crosses his arms, "Yet you say only Dio could control them?"

"Well yeah- it'd be weird if I could control another vampire's zombies! Besides, I don't think I've got any of the shady powers he had. Not sure I could even turn someone into a zombie," You say honestly, looking away from the Hamon user to Speedwagon, "Back me up here, Robbie."

"Oh right! There were no zombies anywhere! Dio must have gathered them all here for the fight!" Speedwagon raises his hammer enthusiastically.

"I see," Straizo straightens back up, assessing you, "Considering you had Hamon when you turned into a vampire it would be feasible that its power would cancel out that of the mask."

"But I was dying- are you saying I was still making Hamon?" You gasp, blinking uselessly at the walking conditioner advertisement.

"Hamon is not so easily extinguished. It is a fire that will burn in you until you dispel it from yourself like Zeppeli or it will slowly fade after years without use. You had Hamon and now it works against you," Straitzo says cynically, reaching over Jojo to poke you on the nose.

Speaking of Jojo he jerks awake, grabbing Straitzo's wrist and pulling it away from you, "Don't you dare."

The Hamon in Straitzo's hand lights up and he scowls, "The vampire needs to die- it is evil!"

Jojo gets to his feet, storming toward Straitzo, "IT is my fucking lifelong friend and lover so you can shove your-"

"Whoa! Easy, dearest, easy! There are children here!" You fuss, grabbing the Joestar by the biceps (wow are they something to hold) and try and pull him away from the asshole.