Chapter Sixteen

P H A N T O M  B L O O D  

   "Walking on sunshine, woah! And don't it feel good?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So you're telling me I have this hamoff thing?" You ask sceptically.

After much kissing Jojo and Erina had left of their walk since well, it's important to the plot and they'd met this strange Italian fella (some sort of dilf dressed all in white) who was now talking to you about ham.

"Sì, Hamon. These flowers are a testament to it," The odd baron replies and well, it's true, the gardens still blooming despite it being winter and snowing all the time.

"Oh, the garden? Well alright then," Boom, magic words, you're much more trustworthy of the baron all of the sudden. The key to a Victorian's heart was flowers after all, "Since Jojo trusts you, I guess I have no choice but to do the same, sir. Besides I can appreciate anyone who appreciates my work."

"Actually, this sunshine magic thing would explain my naturally shining appearance and sunny disposition," You say smugly, moving her hands to frame her face like a painting.

The Zeppeli sighs, "Normally I'd prefer to take on more modest students. But sadly yours is a special case.

"That's right, I am special." You grin and turn to a certain Joestar who's started laughing, "Jojo, what's so funny all of a sudden? You're the one who brought this peculiar, peppery-smelling person here?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Zeppeli, Joestar and you are all sitting on the edge of a bridge in a cool way. Turns out the Italian was here to kill Dio, who, thank goodness, hadn't actually been crushed to death by the towering architecture of his final failure to defeat the Joestars after you left him to rot.

Wait a second, you left him to die for a good reason! How dare he still be kicking.

"(Y/N), Jojo, my history with the stone mask has been a long one," The moustached man begins, snapping you out of a Dio induced daze you'd rather not have, "I was your age. Hard to believe that was ever the case now."

Your eyes widen slightly... You can tell the ripple master is older than you but by how much? Is he still talking about the 19th century you're currently in?

Oblivious to your insulting thoughts, the Baron continues.

"I harboured a great thirst for adventure, as the young so often do. It was my good fortune to travel the world as a member of my father's archaeological team. Would that we had never lain eyes on those Aztec ruins that day."

Aztecs hm? You wonder if that's relevant to anything. Probably not.

"You're saying..." Jojo says, shocked after realising something you haven't

"Yes. The hands that pulled that evil artifact into the light of day belonged to me," Zeppeli announces solemnly, "One ill-fated night during the voyage home, a man in our number succumbed to his curiosity and donned the mask."

'That should've been alright as long as there wasn't any blood around.' You think.

"The change in him was immediate! Rampaging through the ship, he ripped his companion's heads off in a bacchanalia of blood!"

'Oh.'

"Fifty-eight crew members butchered in a matter of minutes!" The baron continues, "I dove into the sea to escape but the fiend gave chase! Suddenly dawn rose, as he crumpled into dust in the sunlight, I saw his face and to my utter horror... The demon was my father."