Chapter Twenty Three

P H A N T O M   B L O O D

  "Here comes the sun, do do do. Here comes the sun and I say, it's alright."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come, Jojo!" Dio taunts, posing with his crazy thick trousers pointing out.

Jojo responds immediately, breathing in loudly and preparing to fight- and oop, some random guy stops him with a hand on his shoulder, causing the bluenette to ask in confusion "What are you doing?"

Because really, who's this guy showing up out of nowhere and interrupting the fight that's been building up for like 8 years?

"Jojo please step aside, I have a prior claim," The new guy says, continuing forward and clutching his fist, "It is my right to avenge my friend's killing."

Oh, so he's one of Zeppeli's Hamon buddies from Tibet?

You analyze his appearance and wow, his hairline is off the charts, a structural anomie really. And talk about shoulder pads! Dude could keep his shoulders intact if he fell right off the balcony.

Awesome. Um, not the whole gonna kill Dio thing but eh, you can't say his upcoming murder attempt isn't justified. Hell, you're rooting for this funny looking fellow.

Speaking of outfits, guess who got changed? You! Almost forgot to describe the sick threads Wang gave you. And well, he really went out of his way to make you look like a poppy.

You're sporting this scarlet shirt that's probably older than you with really poofy sleeves from the elbow down and a really long sort of collar that appeared almost lopsided around your neck. For some odd reason, it's also cropped right above the big ol' hole in your abdomen, like Wang was out to get you or something.

Anyway, the shirt's a button-up right but the buttons are on one side rather than the middle and your fancy new trousers are designed in the same way. Red trousers with buttons running up the bottom! It's madness. And also heavily belted. You got two normal brown belts and this big gold chain looping around one of them.

You and Dio look like a weird met gala theme. Jojo looks like he was also invited actually. But eh, who are we kidding, the met gala doesn't even exist yet.

Back to the fighting!

"Zeppeli was a brave man and born companion through two decades of harsh training," The guy continues and you damn near tear up at the golden flashback of a younger Baron and this chap, "Dio, for his life I shall now send you to the bowels of hell itself!"

"No, wait, Dire! Dio has hidden abilities for which you are not prepared!" Jojo tries to warn the guy but then stops and gasps when the Dire guy starts... Multiplying?

Gasp indeed, Jojo.

You, Dio and pretty much everyone else in the room watch as the image of Dire starts fracturing and multiplying until he's in the air. It looked like a good enough technique for confusing opponents and getting the high ground and all but surely Dio could have just taken him out before he started?

But with it being Dio and all he's too dramatic to strike down the flying Hamon user before the flying can happen.

"Now there's an interesting walk. Apparently, with decades of the proper training, mere humans can enable them to float through the air," Dio watches with the interest of an arrogant cat watching a mouse squabble, "But in only a single night, I attained power far surpassing that of any human guru."

At this point you've started moving towards the small band of humans, trying to get a better view of the fight. None of them really notice you so it works out quite nicely.