Chapter Seventeen

P H A N T O M   B L O O D

"Hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So the village is called Windknight's Lot?" Jojo asks seriously, though he doesn't look very serious in his odd little outfit. Why so many layers? It's unfair that he's still able to look like an angel in such an ensemble.

Then he goes and asks you to coordinate with him. Loosely. In a cute way. Very vague is he, very stylish is you. Kind of.

You're wearing a long-sleeved button-up with a cute little bowtie (because Jojo has one duh) and above that this blue jumper with short sleeves (because Dio shredded your wardrobe) and above that a darker blue waistcoat so that you still looked slightly Victorian. Besides that, you had some standard trousers and wellies that you hadn't need to go shopping for. Not to forget some nice dangly blue earrings that started with silver patterns and ended in a series of blue gems.

You'd sat next to Jojo just to flirt with him but no, it's time for plot. Oh right, where were we? Jojo's just asked about the name of the town you're all driving to.

"Right, they've had a series of disappearances lately. People vanishing after dark," Speedwagon replies, "And folks have caught glimpses of a fella who looks like Dio."

Zeppeli looks displeased, "We're out of time now. Your final test will be one of life or death my pupils."

"Yes sir, I'll meet him in combat and lay him low," Jonathan says determined whereas you gasp in horror.

"But Mr Zeppeli, it's not even Christmas yet! I can't die like this, I'll go on the naughty list! I'll get coal!"

"If you fail this test, coal will be the least of your worries when you're burning in hell," Zeppeli says coldly.

Damn. Haha, get it? Damn? Damnation? Cuz Mr Zeppeli was talking about hell? Yeah okay, the joke sucks.

This whole thing sucks. What a bummer.

"Chin up (Y/N)! Between you and Jojo I'm sure you can give him hell instead!" Speedwagon announces, just as determined and brave as the Joestar. He's quickly distracted by the tunnel you're approaching, "Look, everyone! The entrance to Windknight's Lot!"

Were you actually chasing after Dio in a town with such a bottleneck entrance? Was the whole place sealed off? Did strategy mean anything to these idiots? You were totally gonna get attacked in this stinking tunnel and die before you could spouse up Jojo and Erina.

Seems none of the guys dragging you along on this quite frankly bizarre adventure had thought this through.

"We'll attack Dio while there's still plenty of light left in the sky!" Jojo says and the other two nod, oblivious to your despair.

The blue-haired boy looks out the window before tightening his fist, "...I swear I will return to her!"

You and Speedwagon look at him baffled.

After a few moments of silence, you gulp and admit, "I've got a bad feeling about this, lads."

Almost as soon as you speak there's a thud from outside the carriage and you all come to an abrupt halt. Damn you for never being wrong in these situations.

"Why did we stop?" Jojo asks.

"Oi mate! Hurry it up!" Speedwagon yells out to the driver before leaving the carriage to check on him.

"Keep an eye out, sunlight can't protect us in here!" Jojo warns, leaning out of his seat slightly. You try and lean out too but unsurprisingly a strong arm pushes you safely back behind the bluenette. Freaking bravery.