Chapter Eighteen

P H A N T O M B L O O D

"Go on, go on. Go bravely on, into the blackest night."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dread filled you after you left the tunnel. Windknights Lot was, as it turned out, a cute little mining town with rows of house and wheat fields all drenched in sunlight.

The fading light of the setting sun that is.

You'd been in a fairly alright mood before you left the tunnel, despite how furious Zeppeli had been at you for drinking the wine before he could explain the whole not spilling it while you fought the zombie thing.

You weren't allowed to fight the zombie after that. Luckily though, you were still allowed to fight Dio! Woo! Just kidding, you're basically already dead.

Zeppeli had explained all sorts of weird vampiric abilities to you, all of the incredible and terrifying supernatural advantages Dio had over you. But it's okay since you'd have the biggest advantage, the sun!

Well not anymore.

You'd never get to see the light of day again! Or worse, you might never see Erina again! Maybe Dio would even go kill her after spitting on all your graves like daddy dearest.

Ha, daddy.

Speaking of Jojo, boy were you glad to have him here! Not only did he defeat the Simon murdering, knife machine zombie but he also looked super hot while doing it!

Maybe dying in the dark wouldn't be so bad if Mr pretty blue eyes, massive muscles, light of your life was here.

Ah just looking at him as he walks beside you in the final sunset of your short life brings you so much joy. Though he actually looks rather sad.

"What's wrong, dearest?" You ask, walking in front of Jojo so that he has to stop moving and focus on you.

"Don't worry about me at a time like this, (N/N). We must be in our right minds to defeat Dio," Jojo replies grimly, a familiar determination flickering through his unwavering eyes. So blue.

"Pft, I always worry about you. Been second nature since 81'. Now seriously, what's the matter? Is it your dad again? We're going to avenge him," You move your hands to cradle his big, kissable face. Cradling the warm skin between your fingers, "We'll be okay."

"Promise?" Jojo asks softly, leaning into the touch. So that's what he was worried about.

"Uh-huh, come morning we'll both leave this cavity and go home to Erina. No matter what, yeah? We'll make it home to her. We'll make it," You lower one hand to hold his and intertwine your fingers, "Pinky promise."

Jojo leans his forehead against yours and you both stay still for a moment, for a little eternity, before he sighs and pulls away. You want to hold him in your arms forever. You can't.

Surveying the town once more he says, "Famers seeing to the harvest. Thus far all is well. However, Dio lurks in the shadows waiting to strike."

"Ow!" A high pitched voice yells out from behind the two of you and you both whirl around.

"What happened?" Jojo asks while you rush to the honeysuckle blonde on the floor and overdramatically cradle the man who's a good few years older than you.

"Robbie no! Don't go into the light! Stay with me, you cockney bastard!"

"Ur well... Speedwagon has been begging me to share in your power," Zeppeli lifts his finger guiltily, "I meant to help him create just a little bit of Hamon as I did that first day with you. It seems I was too rough. Did my finger slip?"