Chapter Three

P H A N T O M B L O O D

"I can show you the world."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were happily working on the garden, the flowers always brightening up the misery of having to wake up at six o'clock in the morning.

'The servant life would suck way less if I wasn't the one living it.'

Feeling the earth in hand all the while watching the suns celestial body coat everything in gold was a pretty nice perk of the early rising though, and it was very heartwarming to see a few ladybugs on the acanthus leaves.

Though the start of the day had passed quickly and absent-minded as usual you failed to notice the clock turning to ten and failed to clock the blonde scowling at you.

"You accompanied Jonathan to the boxing match." The boy behind you finally said and you nearly jumped out of your skin at the sudden awareness.

"Um yeah, not to flex but like, I go to all of his matches." You quickly stood off of the ground and bowed slightly. "What do you need, sir?"

"Are you and Jonathan very close?" You felt your fingers stiffen at the marigold blonde's malice but you quickly hid any spite with a forced, servant smile.

'I'd get paid more for emotional labour if it was known about in the Victorian times.' You thought bitterly.

"I'd like to think so sir." Dio scowled more at the sudden brightness of your smile, then quite surprisingly any trace of ill intentions melted off him and he smiled at you.

"You must be good company then...?" The Brando boy grinned and while you were suspicious of the sudden personality change you couldn't lie and say that he didn't have one of the most charming smiles you'd ever seen.

"(Y/N) (L/N), gardener extraordinaire, sir." You were tempted to offer out a handshake but the thought of accidentally being too friendly with someone of a higher class than you stopped you.

"(Y/N)," Although it was just your name being said you felt your face heat up at the way the marigold blonde had said it, "Would you like to go on a walk with me, gardener extraordinaire?"

Had pretty people always been so convincing? You knew you were probably coming off as naive, maybe just being naive straight up, considering that the friend punching boy seemed to be up to no good but you really liked the way he said your name and you really liked the way his eyes had the colour of monarch butterflies in the sunlight.

"That sounds lovely, thank you, sir."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You weren't entirely sure why you'd been invited on the walk. Although it was charming, you knew he wasn't that interested in talking to you so much as... talking about himself? Something about excelling at everything he does and how Jojo couldn't even eat right.

Nonetheless, you let the pretty adopted son of George Joestar try and convince you to abandon the pretty biological son of George Joestar, something of which you had no intention. It's always nice when someone talks about their passions, even if that passion is being superior over blueberry haired brits.

"You are enchanting aren't you?" You hadn't meant to say that allowed and you certainly hadn't meant to come off as some dreamy fool, "Oh! I'm sorry if I've interrupted you."

"No, no it's fine," Dio's eye twitched slightly before smirking at what you had said, maybe it would be easier to manipulate you than expected, "I suppose you're not upset about the boxing match?"