Chapter Seven

P H A N T O M B L O O D

"This one is for the boys with the boomer systems."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1881. (Y/N)'s thirteenth year of scarring the Earth and finally episode one is over.

"You want me to... Teach you table manners?" You had been out in the garden, stitching up the sleeve of one of Dio's shirts for him (who knows how it got damaged) when Jojo had approached you.

"Well yes... Since you know what forks for what and well you always have perfect posture so I assume it's the same for eating." The blue-haired aristocrat says bashfully and you laugh.

"I have perfect posture for a servant, silly. I don't think the same rules apply to future lords." You grin at the boy, "Besides you already have good table manners! You're just a bit... Quick when you eat."

"What's that supposed to mean? I can't help eating fast if I'm hungry! I'm a growing boy you know."

"Growing on my nerves." You sigh before putting the shirt beside you on the bench, standing up and grinning, "Come on then Jojo, let's learn how to eat right."

"You're the best, you know that?" Jojo links his arm with you and you both head to the kitchen where you'd sit for the next hour studying the art of gracefully shoving food into one's mouth.

Ah fuck, you forgot about fixing the shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You hand Dio back his fully repaired shirt, "You owe me a bobbin."

"I don't owe you anything, (Y/N). You're paid to do this sort of thing." The blonde says simply, looking over you and the shirt.

"You could at least give me a thank you? I did spend ages fixing it up just right."

The blonde leans further back against the tree he's sitting under, making it look like he's thinking, "I'm not sure, (Y/N). Maybe if you'd done a better job I'd be grateful."

"Golly and here I thought I was your friend." You pout, standing up from the spot next to him and starting to walk off.

"What are you doing? You're not upset, are you?" Dio's eyebrows lowered in a mocking concern, "You can't possibly be leaving."

"I fixed the shirt, didn't I? No point sticking around." You pause slightly and turn around, smiling deviously, "Unless you want me to stay?"

Dio looks into your eyes, "If I say thank you, will you come back?"

"You'd do that for me?"

"Don't take it personally... Your stupidity amuses me." Dio sighs, "Thank you for so kindly stitching up my torn garment."

The gardener blinked and grinned wider, hurriedly sitting back next to the boy, "My pleasure! I live to serve after all."

The marigold blonde only grumbled in response as you start blabbering on about some foreigner you'd met in a pub who taught you how to grow oranges.

"It won't be easy to grow them in this area and all but well, I'm sorta really good at gardening and all. Not to brag but y'know, nothing I can't handle. I'll have them growing by the dozen in no time!"

"Hm, and what are you going to do with all these oranges? I don't suppose there's a big market for them," Dio asks, continuing a conversation that doesn't interest him in the slightest. You notice. You also notice that he only does that with you.

"Ah well, you can cook them obviously, baking too. Orange tarts am I right? Oh um and teas too. Ah! That's right. I'm going to try to turn some of them into bath products, y'know make the water smell good, make the person smell good, soap and bubbles," You lean forward and rest your arms on your knees, looking at Dio through the new angle, "You've always struck me as someone who should smell citrusy. Lemons would be good but the bloke at the pub won't tell me how to grow them until I buy him a pint next."