Chapter Nine

P H A N T O M   B L O O D

"There's love above love and it's ours cuz I love you too much."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1884, sweet sixteens.

"Do you ever think about Erina?" (E/C) eyes drift over the Joestar with a thoughtful look as you both sit under the old meeting tree, the wind blowing daisies towards the sun.

"Sometimes, what do you reckon happened to her?" Jojo asks you as you lean against his shoulder. She'd just disappeared after the Dio incident.

"Maybe she was secretly some kind of fairy come to give us luck and had to go home afterwards!" You say enthusiastically before continuing in a softer voice, "I miss her sometimes."

"Me too (N/N)." Jonathan sighed slightly and you both go silent for a moment before you're grinning and deciding to ruin the peaceful moment.

"Jojo doesn't be sad, it's spring!" You tackle your companion and you both slide down the little hill and shriek into the stream you had once played in with the lovely blonde.

"(N/N) we're not wearing swimsuits, you dummy!" The Joestar splashed you and laughs as you splash him back. The both of you start to try and soak each other further before eventually the Jojo just picks you and throws you further down the stream.

"That's not very gentlemanly you strong jerk!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were smirking slightly as you waved a copy of Hamlet in front of Dio. Disturbing his quiet session in the library, "I finished!"

"So go read something else." The blonde quips, not looking at you even slightly. Trying to pay attention to the book he was reading and hide any amusement you caused.

"But you said if I read it all you'd let me play with your hair!" You pout slightly and wave the small basket of flowers you were also holding, "Please?"

Dio grumbled slightly before moving forward on the sofa so you could sit behind him. You settle into the position and gently start braiding the pear blossoms from the basket into his hair. Both of you content in the warm room full of books.

"Happy birthday Dio," You lean forward slightly to peck his cheek before going back to his hair.

You end up reminding the blonde that his 'sweet sixteen' ball was going to take up his entire afternoon rather than spending time with his earthbound companion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An exceedingly brief look at 1885

"We look amazing! I told you this would be the year we all managed to coordinate!" You announce happily, clapping slightly at the sight of you, Dio and Jonathan in the large mirror. Your reflections all focused on your clothes.

You'd all managed to wear a group themed costume for the first Halloween since Dio's arrival at the manor. It was truly a worthwhile achievement. Though, no one at the Halloween ball Jojo and Dio were going to know about it.

This year you'd decided to all dress up as headless horse riders. You all looked great in the riding clothes and Cicely had helped give you all real looking neck scars since well, you couldn't really remove your heads.

The two nobles had argued over what colour to wear so they were both in black, whereas you had already brought a red riding habit and really didn't want to have to waste the spent wages.

The blonde smirks and rubs the fake scar on his neck slightly, "I'd say this suits me a lot more than it does you, Jojo."

"Well, I think I look the best," You laugh and Jojo sighs.