Chapter Ten

P H A N T O M B L O O D

"He's your guy when stocks are high, but beware when they start to descend."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Late October 1988. An odd month for a university term to end but oh well! Presenting the 888th year of the Second Millenium, leap year extraordinaire and mostly known as The Year of the Three Emperors!! Could it be a lucky year for the Joestars? No. Actually in roman numerals 1888 has a whopping 13 digits. Bodes well.

But what is the gardener of a century doing amongst all this? Well for starters-

"Interception!"

"The ball is plucked out of the air by our hero Jonathan Joestar!" The commentator yells, cheers erupting from the crowd of gents watching the blue-haired boy grab the ball and start running.

"ARGGGHHHHHHHHHH."

"Joestar! A gentle giant at 195cm, sprints to the try zone with a spirited roar!" The commentator continues enthusiastically, "Can he win this, the final game of his university career?"

A small brunette bloke jumps out onto Jonathans back, looking like some overgrown frog trying to stop a charging cow.

"He's tackled from behind!" The commentator cries but is immediately relieved when the Joestar puts a foot down and stays on his feet, "Wait! He's still standing tall!"

Jojo's grinning because well, what a legend when out of nowhere two superman looking players fly in and grab a handful of his thighs and shoulders in a doubtful attempt to stop him.

"Two more fly in! It's three on one out there!" Despite the three men aggressively trying to embrace him onto the floor, Jojo stays standing. After a determined yell, he starts speed walking forward with the three in tow, "Incredible! He's still making for the try line undaunted by the men who dog his steps!"

"What power! What determination! He's Hercules reborn!" The commentator yells as the Joestar continues, however before he can continue announcing the game he's shoved away by a flowery smelling figure.

"Oh honey, you mean Hunkules!" You cheer, quickly gaining praise from the crowd who had grown endeared to you after the first seven times you'd randomly shown up. Jojo gets divebombed by yet another chap and you grin, "Another tackle! Oh, boohoo, the weights too much for him! Better luck next time Jojo!"

Jojo stumbles towards the ground before tossing the rugby ball backwards to some other member of his team, your eyes follow the ball, "Hold on, he flings the ball away and..."

"Yes, there's the catch!"

Dio's caught the ball, posing slightly as he jumps into the air to grab it, you raise your voice, "The ball lands straight in the muscled up arms of Dio Brando! Has leather ever been this envied before? Oh goodness, off he goes! Headed straight for victory with a sprint!"

Dio starts running, side-stepping two tacklers and shoving another headfirst onto the ground and sliding under the final opponent. The crowd holds its breath, well except for you, "He's done it! There's nothing between Dio and try line and still, he's flexing on us all!"

Dio quickly backflips the ball onto the try line, ending the match, the crowd goes wild, the players go wild, hell even you go wild, "Yes! They did it! Can I get a bravo for the brilliant boys of Hugh Hudson?"

At this point, you're rudely shoved aside by the real commentator who begins speaking over the cheering crowd, "On the last play they snatched victory out of the jaws of defeat! What teamwork! When Jojo and Dio work together there's nothing they can't do!"