Chapter Six

P H A N T O M B L O O D

"Little soft fluffy sleeper, here comes a pink cloud for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who's a good boy??? It's you! Yes, it is! Yes, it is! You're the good boy!"

The gardener carefully placed a small wreath of daisies, primroses and forget-me-nots onto the small wooden cross marking Danny's grave.

Your time with the loving dog had run out. His remains had been buried yesterday after Simon had discovered him in the incinerator. However, you and Jojo had decided to throw him a small funeral to mark his not so peaceful passing.

The autumn air was crisp and since pathetic fallacy exists, the ground and grave were wet from the pouring rain. The sun was as sealed away as the dog's body within the makeshift fruit crate coffin.

"You may now say a few words for the dearly departed." You say, (E/C) eyes tearing up slightly despite the night you'd previously spent crying with Jojo. You take a step back from the wreathed grave and turned to face the Joestar, respectfully placing a hand on his shoulder.

A gesture you'd seen at many funerals.

"Danny was and always will be a great dog. He stuck by my side despite everything and I know that if he were here today, I'd thank him for that." Jonathan stopped and sniffled slightly but continued when he felt you squeeze his shoulder slightly, "Everything good about people, bravery and loyalty and the like, Danny was. I hope he is just as happy sharing grapes with the angels as he once was with me. I have and always will be grateful for you, Danny."

"You were a good boy." Jojo leaned forward and gave the pile of dirt a final good boy pat before you both went silent, the two of you lingered for a soft, passing moment and then headed inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's alright Danny, I'll make it my mission to keep an eye out for any more danger towards you!"

"Danny nO! Those are Lord Joestar's slippers! I know you're a dog but you simply must respect such fluffy footwear!"

"Hey, Jojo do you ever wonder if- oh he's asleep. Hey Danny, do you ever wonder if the flowers would like me if they could talk?"

"... Danny would you like me if you could talk?"

"Good boy Danny! Yeah, that's right, if you see anyone picking on Jojo you bark at them until they go away!"

"Danny look what I got for you in town today, that's right, your favourite! Dinner time Danny!"

You missed Danny a lot.

You had Simon right up the date of his funeral in a small little book you had from your mother. The first page was the date of your father's funeral and a bunch of information about when he was born and what he looked like and how he liked blueberries in his porridge.

It was to keep him alive in some small way apparently. Giving it to you that is. You didn't understand her at the time but you still made sure to tell her that blueberries were your favourite too. It made her happy.

You only like blueberries because they reminded you of Jojo though.

The next pages were filled with random anecdotes about grandparents and aunts and uncles and friends. All dating from 1968 to 1972.

The next funeral dated was in June 1973. The groundskeeper had written this one into the book instead. It was your mother's own funeral that year. It was a quick death of some disease you couldn't remember at five.

The next was the groundskeeper's funeral in 1978. You'd had Simon, his replacement, write into it all the little tidbits the groundskeeper had taught you about flowers and the colour of his eyes.

That was all you could think to write.

You'd have to think about what to write about Danny. Maybe Jojo would have some ideas. Of maybe not.

Dio definitely wouldn't. Oh. You knew what to write.

'August 1880, the funeral of Danny Joestar.
Big hugger, very fluffy and a good boy. Maybe Dio murdered him.

Maybe not.'

Actually, Simon probably wouldn't write that for you. With Dio being the adopted son of Lord Joestar and all. Oh well, you could always bribe him with some tea.

Oh! You could make some tea for Jojo too, he might need something to soothe him after all the grieving. That's right you'd put the kettle on, serve Jojo, get Simon to write for you then go and tend to the growing pumpkins that would be ripe come October.

Danny always got excited to see the pumpkins growing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woo everybody's favourite, a chapter that is both short and late <3.

It was hard trying to come up with how to present Danny's death. This chapters not meant to be too angsty or anything just sorta a moment for Danny.

May he rest in peace with all the other Jojo dogs.

And may you enjoy reading :))