Chapter Eight

P H A N T O M   B L O O D

"Sway you like a lullaby, dance with me through the night."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1882, a great year if you're a woman and want to be able to own things- a new property act lets you do just that! Interestingly enough Cairo is also occupied by Britain this year.

"I've thought this through, Jojo, and I reckon if we both train hard then you'll be really good at boxing." You say happily, flexing your fourteen-year-old muscles, as if to show off how buff your plan would make you both, before gesturing to the makeshift boxing ring you'd made on a pavilion.

"(N/N) why would you need to train as well?" The blue-haired boy asks in confusion and you embrace him.

"So I can give better hugs silly!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I thought you said we'd all be vampires?" You turn to Dio in confusion, both of you sporting extravagant red and black gothic outfits. You gesture to Jonathan's blue ghost costume and huff, "Don't tell me you didn't tell him! That's mean."

The villainous-looking blonde merely rolled his eyes, "It was a communication error that's all. Very sorry."

"Will you be alright, Jojo?" You turn back to the ghostly Joestar in concern. Your pair of scarlet earrings swing around the air at the motion.

"Of course I will, we can leave Dio behind and then it'll seem like we're not supposed to be a set of vampires," Jojo announces, causing you to laugh while the blonde scowls.

"Haha, very funny. Let's go before Halloweens over."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How do you say that one?" Dio points at one of the words on the page, somewhat annoyed that you hadn't yet picked up on how to read despite him trying to teach you for an hour.

His sour face didn't suit the cute scenery of fields and flowers around the tree you sat under at all.

Illiteracy was hard to hide from the blonde and now he was keen on making you the most well-read gardener in the country, much to your bewilderment.

"I think it's pronounced wah," You had looked carefully at the three-letter word before looking up the blonde, grinning slightly. Dio was sat back against the tree with you and the book in his lap, it was convenient for education purposes.

"You're an idiot," The blonde says, seemingly very grumpy, pulling your flowery smelling body tighter into the embrace and pointing to the individual letters and explaining, "That's how you write 'who'."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jonathan was asleep in his bed- after all, it was midnight and he was a good Victorian boy. However, you had other hands.

The blue-haired boy's peaceful dreams ended abruptly as he shot up in bed, reaching for his face. Quite an odd action until you take into account the hand you'd clammed onto his mouth.

Upon realising he was awake, you moved your hand. However, it was quickly slammed back onto Jojo's face when he instinctually went to scream.

"Shhh, we'll get into trouble if you wake the whole house up." You whisper, as though Jojo was the one acting strangely in this situation. Your friend scoffed slightly and this time you permanently removed your hand, "Sorry, nothing else I tried woke you up."

"What on earth are you doing then?" The sleepy Joestar asks, yawning slightly. Glancing at the grandfather clock on the wall, he shuddered at the amount of sleep he'd probably lose because of your shenanigans.