3 | Old Friends

⁑𝐇𝐀𝐙𝐄𝐋⁑

I couldn't breathe, my throat was closed up, not letting any air nor words come through. Fear took over my body, scared for dear life if I was to turn around and meet those eyes that drowned me into eternal love. My hands felt clammy, my lips felt dry, my mind felt dizzy.

I let out a shaky breath, closing my eyes, turning around slowly. My eyes open as I see him standing infront of me. His dark strands were still in their unkempt state but were now neatly trimmed on the sides, he wore a fitted t-shirt, outlining his forearms, jeans, and white Air Force.

I was beginning to feel hot, drops of sweat formed on the sides of my temples, slowly rolling down the sides of my jaw. We looked at each other in silence until he spoke, "Hazel? Is that you?" I stare deep into his chocolate eyes, seeing a glimpse of sadness incorporated with happiness "Roman! Hey! How are you!" Saying his name already made my eyes stink, "I'm Good! How are you!" He planted himself next to me.

"Oh, you know th-the usual" Fuck. I stuttered. "How have you been? Long time no see" He flashed me a grin, "I'm good, I've taken over my Dad's business now, so been super busy after University"

Marco places my drink infront of me, picking it up from the table I chug it down, feeling the burning sensation linger in my throat, "Yeah I've heard. You seem to be doing pretty well since you have multiple branches all over" He placed his hand on my knee. "Y-yeah, it's not easy when it's a one-man job, well women" I chuckle and so does he.

"You're right" I see his eyes roam down my body instantly feel a burning sensation cover me. "And, you"-I point towards him-"You're all over the place" I rub my hands against my pants, trying to reduce the sweat, "Keeping tabs on me Princess?" He cocks an eyebrow, "What! N-no" Heat creeps up to my cheeks, "I'm kidding, but yeah. After University my Mum decided to retire and pay her attention to Tia" He rubbed the back of his neck.

"How is Tia, by the way, she must be so big now, since the last time I saw her," I said, "Yup, my little sister isn't so little anymore," He gave me a boyish grin, "Wow, time really flies huh?" He nodded. "Would you like something to drink?" I pointed towards the bar, "Depends..." He intertwined his finger together, resting them on the table,

"On?" I copied his movements, "Are you buying?" He leaned closer, his cologne fills my nostrils, making my mind delirious. "How long do you plan on staying?" My mind felt very sober, but my actions were saying something else. "As long as you would like Princess" He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

Princess. That simple word yet held so much more than that.

I called Marco over, "What would you like Roman Smith?" He looked down, smirking, "Shots?" He looked up, "Shots it is then Marco" Marco winked at me and disappeared behind the bar.

"Is he your boyfriend?" Roman took a handful of nuts and started popping a few in his mouth, "Ha! Marco? No way, just a friend" I scratched my head, "Oh," He turned around, looking at everyone who was dancing.

"Wanna dance?" He looked at me, "No thanks, I've had my fair share of dancing tonight" I said, "Come on, don't worry, I won't be a dick like that other guy" He extended his hand for me to take, "You saw that?" I chuckled, "Of course, dude's gonna be in pain for days" He laughed.

Screw it.

I placed my hand in his, a jolt of electricity electrocuted me, running chills down my spin. Feeling his soft skin against mine gave me the urge to feel him against me, touching me, kissing me, wanting him so badly to push me against the wall- "Holy shit, is that Hazel Johson?" I hear a familiar voice and realize someone's arms wrapped around me, "Wow! JJ!" I give into his hug, "How have you been?" He lets go of me, staring at me, "Good, I've been good" I shift my weight from one foot to the other.