35 | Try To Keep Up

⁑𝐇𝐀𝐙𝐄𝐋⁑

I pinch the bridge of my nose, super annoyed that towards the end of my day I'm probably on the verge of exploding, "Ana!" I call her from my office, I couldn't take it anymore, "Yes, Ms Hazel?" She pops her head through my door, I throw the papers on my desk walking up to her, "What the hell is that?" I point to my desk.

She has a confused expression, stepping into my office she walks over to my desk, picking up the papers, "What seems to be the problem?" I watched her eyes scan the paper.

"Didn't I distinctively say to order 15 of them and not 12?!" I snatched the paper from her hand, pointing to the order number, "Oh no!" She gasped, "I-I'm so sorry, I completely forgot-"

"You can't afford to make mistakes like that Anastasia! It's going to take another month to deliver three more! I don't have that sort of time!" I hear her squeal from my anger, "Ms Hazel I apologize, let me call the company-"

"It isn't that easy! I now need to pay extra money just for three!"

"Ms Hazel it isn't a problem just let me-"

I hold up my hand, not wanting to listen anymore, "Can you just get out. I'll handle it myself." I take a deep sigh.

"Ms Hazel if you just let me help-" I interrupt her, "Out Anastaisa! Now!" I shout at her, pointing towards the door. She jumps at the level of anger that rises in my tone. All she does is nods her head and walks out the door.

I flop back in my chair, massaging my temples. I was gone for three fucking days, I asked for such a simple goddamn task from her if these AK-56 rifles weren't going to arrive on time we're all screwed.

I look down at the payment, it was over one million dollars just for 12 it will be an additional 1,000 just for another three. I lean back against my chair sighing, mad at myself for unleashing my anger and frustration out onto Anastasia, "Ana!"

With no complaint, she appears at my door, "Yes, Ms Hazel?" She stands in the doorway, her iPad in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other, "Come inside and close the door." I watch her take a big gulp, "I got you a cup of coffee, hoping to calm you." She places the pink mug on my desk.

"Please, take a seat." I motioned to the chairs infront of me, "Is everything alright?" Her posture is straight, her expression blank, "Oh yeah. I just..." I take a deep sigh, "I wanted to-"

"It's perfectly fine Ms Hazel." She pushes her glasses higher up, letting them sit on the bridge of her small nose, "There is no need for an explanation, what I did was wrong I should've listened closely to your instructions."

"I know you were just angry out of frustration. And I know apologizing isn't one of your strengths" I let out a small laugh, and she giggles, "Well...you aren't wrong about that," I lean forward resting my hands on my table.

"I know these past three days you've been off has been tough for you Ms Hazel," She gives me a sympathetic smile, "Come again?" I lean my head to the side, "Mr Smith came in the other day to say your going through a really hard time and wasn't in the best state of mind."

I shake my head. That man is too precious for words, "I see, well I thank you for your understanding."

"Don't worry about it." She gives me a warm smile, "I am sorry about ordering 12 though, I knew you were moving and what Mr Smith had said I was afraid to bother you to confirm the order so I just..guessed"

"There wasn't anything wrong with that, I'll just have to wait another month." I sighed but smiled at her, "There is no need. I had called the company when I left your office and they are shipping three more here tomorrow, free of charge" She types a few things on her iPad to show me the payment document.