4 | The Last Time

⁑𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍⁑

{One Month Later}

"When do you plan on calling her?" Peter sat in my office, his laptop on his lap, typing away something, "Soon," I tossed the blue bouncy ball up in the air, "Well man, you've said the same thing for a month now," Peter looked up from his laptop.

I groaned in frustration, "God Peter!, what am I suppose to do? What if she doesn't remember me? Us being together? Seeing each other?" I got up from my chair, pacing back and forth in my office.

"You are thinking way too much into this, you came here to find her right?" I nodded, "Well then...You found her, now you have to try and get her back unless you don't?" He looked back down to his laptop,

"Of course I want her back?! Why wouldn't I?" I came up to him, he closed the laptop, "Then act like it, man! Stop being such a pussy" He rolled his eyes at me.

Peter was right, for once. If I wanted her back I needed to up my game, "Hazel isn't the same person she was in high school Roman" He went over to my trey were I keep a bottle of Jack Daniels and other bottles of whiskey, "What is that suppose to mean?"

He sighed, "I mean...She isn't going to crawl back to you with ease, she has gone through a lot, losing her only family, you, having to run a company on her own," He walked over to me, "All I'm saying is don't think you calling after a month! Is going to be okay," He handed me a glass.

I inhaled sharply, pulling my phone out of my pants pocket, scrolling through my contacts to find her name, I taped on her contact, letting it ring a few times.

"Johnson?" Her sexy voice appeared on the other line, "Hazel! Hey! H-how are you" Fuck. I stuttered this is already going bad, "I'm sorry, who is this?"

"Oh...Um-" Shit! Shit! She doesn't remember me! what the fuck do I do now! "Relax Roman I'm just fucking with you, what's up?" I let out a strangled laugh, god, she was already fucking me up and it hasn't even been five minutes.

"Well, I just wanted to call to see if you're free tonight?" I looked over to Peter who was giving me a thumbs up, "Yes. I am." Her voice was very intimidating, "Well I'd like to take you out to dinner" My eyes lock to my office door that creeps open with JJ and Valentino's head that pops through.

Peter quickly runs up to them telling them who I'm on the phone with and they all run inside, "Huh...Interesting," JJ mouths to me to put the phone on speaker, I place the phone down on my desk and press the speaker button.

"Let me get this straight," He voices echos through my office, "You call me one month later, asking me out, and what? Expecting me to say yes or something?" All the boys give me shocked looks, "Yes?" her beautiful laugh fills the room, "Goodbye Roman,"

"Wait! Wait! Please don't hang up, let me make it up to you," I hear her sigh, "I'm listening," I look to the boys trying to figure something out, "Hello? You there?" Valentino snatches the phone from the table, taking it off speaker and placing it to his ear.

"Hazel Johson! How are you!" I see his smile brighten, guessing she must've been excited to hear his voice, "Listen Haze, just give my boy a chance here, now, I know he fucked up big time"-I roll my eyes at him-"But I promise you it won't happen again"

He nods his head a couple of times (thinking she can see it) Few yes and no answers until they both say goodbye and he puts the phone down,

"Well...?"

"You're a dipshit," Fuck! How can I let this happen, she was right there and I let her get away. I need to fix this and soon.

⁎❀⁎