~Epilogue~

⁑𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍⁑

Love. Such a simple word that held such a bigger meaning to it. A feeling that could never be described. A word so precious like that has never clutched at my heart as tight as this one did not even someone like her. It's been pretty brutal without her here anymore.

Every hour that passes, every minute that ticks by, every call I get, hoping and praying it is the women I love. Hasn't happened. I try, every day I do. I try to look for her, consuming so much time into finding My Princess.

But I arrive empty-handed, every fucking time.

I do what I can to get her back, save what I lost, promising not only her but myself that I will come back for her, for us to be together again. But a small piece of my heart is lost along the way as the days have gone by.

Two years.

And I haven't gotten anywhere. Sometimes I'd walk into her office, imagining to myself that she will be sitting behind that desk, waiting for me with open arms... That's never happened, sadly.

He got what he wanted though. He got his daughter, he is now happy, making everyone around him miserable. That's how he likes it to be, only cares about himself and treats everyone around him like dirt under his shoe.

I try to remember her scent, her taste, her presence. But, it's starting to fade which scares me. I dig for memories to try and help me, to keep going but I've dug too far too soon, nothing has been found, there isn't anything left for me to search for.

No one around me understands the pain. I've drifted everyone that I cared for along with caring for me has... left. Causing me deep pain, but I feel so numb to the point I don't think I can feel anymore, no more pain, no more sadness, no more hatred.

I stay at home for most of the time, drowning my empty self in work, keeping my brain occupied so it doesn't fill up with only her.

I stopped though. I end up regretting it at the end of the day but it repeats itself every so often. I look for her, lose hope, stop, repeat. I can't change the pattern, not like before. I had more control over my body, thoughts, actions. I made orders, I went out every night to look.

I always found nothing, but that didn't stop me to keep going because... because a small part of me always thought I would see her again, able to hold her close to me and whisper to her that I've found her and that I wasn't going to let her go once again.

Hope had faded and so did I. I don't know if it was selfish, disappointing, cruel even, to just give up, but after giving it my all for the past two years, I don't know who would continue no matter how much they loved that person.

I love you, Hazel. I will always love you. But I'm sorry my love, my hope has faded along the way, scared to go any deeper than I want because... I'm afraid that what I'll find isn't what I want to hear.

You will forever be My Princess. Forever in my heart.

Or so I thought...