5 | Let Go

⁑𝐇𝐀𝐙𝐄𝐋⁑

That asshole actually thought I was going to say yes? He has to be really thick in the head to think I'm just going to crawl right back to him. A whole month? Did it take him a whole month to try and reach me? He had my number, my companies address, including our number to contact us is everywhere including online.

Whatever, it's over I have more important shit to deal with than worrying about my feeling's right now.

"Ms Johnson, I can assure you that our product is legit" Mr Shang leaned both his elbows on the armrests. "I don't doubt that it is Mr Shang-"

"Please, Dylan" He cut me off, "I have no doubt that is it Dylan but what benefit does it do when people are going to have to pay 50$? Yes, we may be making a large amount of cash but we are not the ones needing the medication" I leaned back into my armchair.

"That's business Ms Johnson," He said, "Well if it's just business and you need my help then we will sell it for its cost" I got up, walked over to my tray of Jack Daniels, "That or we have no deal,"

I poured myself a drink along with one for Dylan, "That is not fair at all" He turned around, "No what's not fair is selling a product that no one can afford," I said with my back facing him. I walked over to him, placing the glass in his hand and walking back to my desk.

He sighed, "This isn't a good idea Ms Johnson" I took a sip before speaking, "One thing you should know about me Dylan is I don't play dirty" I chugged down the whiskey. Dylan and I finalised any loose arrangements before he left.

It was much later in the day when I was finishing up some work before heading home, "Ms Johson," My assistant Anasataia pokes her head through my door, "Ana what did I say about knocking?" I looked up from some papers that were on my desk, "Oh! I-I'm so sor-"

"Relax Ana I'm messing with you" She let out a nervous chuckle, "What's up hun?" She stepped into my office, "I've cancelled all the meetings that you have tomorrow but someone called to say they would like a meeting with you, I tried to tell them that you are busy all day tomorrow and that we can reschedule but they weren't listening" She pushed her glasses up.

"Did they leave a name?" I got up from behind my desk, "No." She fidgeted with her pencil skirt, "That's fine, can you just send me there number and I'll talk to them" I gave her a small smile. She nodded and left.

I flopped on one of the grey couches that faced the view of Toronto before inhaling deeply, I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see an email from Anastasia that had the number, photocopying the number into my contact I hit the call button and waited.

"Roman Smith" This has to be some fucking joke? "Really dipshit? Harassing my assistant?" I got up, "Well, if that's the only way I'm going to be able to talk to you then you're gonna have to get used to it Princess" I heard his deep laugh in my ear, "Don't call me that," I said.

It went quiet.

I sighed, "Listen, I'm busy all day tomorrow, reschedule and let my assistant know."

"But-" I cut the call before I could get an answer. I called Anastasia back into my office, "Block this number Ana," I held my phone up, showing her the number.

"Everything alright?" She narrowed both her brows, "Yeah, don't worry about it just, block the number." I rubbed the sides of my temples, "Okay," She said before closing the door behind her.

⁎❀⁎

I laid in bed while staring up at the ceiling, contemplating if I should do this. For the past four years, I knew this day would come, but I just haven't felt the right moment until yesterday, making Anastasia cancel all my meetings for this day.