9 | Boss

⁑𝐇𝐀𝐙𝐄𝐋⁑

"Thank you for taking me home," I stood in my doorframe as Roman brought me up, "No Problem" We continued to stare at each other, taking each other in.

"Good night Princess," He stuffed his hands in his pants pockets and made his way down the hall back to the elevators, I watched him the whole way before he waved one last goodbye and disappeared into the elevator.

I closed the door behind me, feeling butterflies swarming in my stomach, I jumped up and down with excitement coursing through me.

I was about to make my way over to the kitchen when my phone rang, I assumed it was Roman but when I looked down at the caller ID, H, I answered the phone without any hesitation, "Do you have anything?"

"Yes, Ms Johnson, you may want to come and have a look at this," he said, "I'm on my way," I cut the call, grabbed my keys from the counter and was out the door.

⁎❀⁎

"What do you guys have?" I entered through the warehouse, "Okay, we managed to find the spare pieces kept together back in Washigton, we all went down there this week and look at what we found" Multiple photos that were taken were scattered across the table.

I picked one of the photos to see a black box, wires with all sorts of colours came out of it, "The plane was bombed" I looked to Hayden, "Yes." I sighed in disbelief, "Someone had planted the bomb on the plane," said Hayden.

"What was used to manufacture the bomb?" Hayden placed another picture in my hand that had the logo that said Iron Works on the side of it, "I know this company, my Dad used it to repair any car parts" I held the picture closer, "Have you gone down to the company?"

"We did, but the dude who owned it didn't give us any valid information" Hayden shrugged, "What did he say?" I removed my blazer, "Said some guy came in to purchase the product,"

"Name? Description of how he looked?" I crossed my arms over my chest, "Campbell, that was the guy's last name" Didn't know anyone who went by the last name Campbell? "Okay, I need you to find anyone who goes by Campbell, look over any business workers that was with my Dad, any enemies he had" Hayden nodded and I left.

On my way home, I couldn't stop thinking about what actually happened. For many years I've been trying to figure out what exactly happened. I refused to believe the plane just crashed because I knew, I fucking knew our jet didn't just explode out of thin air.

Campbell? I went over every single business meeting, phone call, everything, nothing rang a bell by the name Campbell?

When I arrived home I went straight to the fridge, took out a cold beer, and sat down at my laptop. I opened up my Microsft laptop hoping to find or search something up to lead me to the name Campbell.

I searched my Dad's name, scrolling further and further down just made it worse until I came across something.

My mother's affair.

I clicked on the article. Big fucking mistake. Pictures of her and Kai together, holding hands, kissing, having fucking dinner together. I scrolled down were I was reading some of the information that was provided.

"Veronica Johnson, cheating on her billionaire husband? From the looks of it, we can see our Ms Johson clearly holding hands with the one and only mysterious lover. The two had been seen a lot only before her death,"

I stopped reading halfway through to see in the bottom left corner a date and name. 2020, Monkey-Jade. This article was only written a year ago? I opened a new tab, copy and pasted the username to see other articles written by this person.