48 | Take A Break

⁑𝐇𝐀𝐙𝐄𝐋⁑

"She woke up! Holy shit!" My head still pains along with how weak I'm feeling, "Will you all shut the hell up!" I growl in annoyance, "Oh god yeah, yeah, sorry." I hear Hunter apologize, "How are you feeling Hazel?" He placed the back of his palm to my forehead, then taking his stethoscope and placing it against my chest.

"Not great. My side still hurts and my head is still throbbing." I rubbed the sides of my temples, "That's perfectly fine, those are the kind of symptoms that are expected." He wrapped the stethoscope back around his neck.

"We thought we almost lost you there." Peter takes my hand in his. I give him a warm smile as I tighten my grip around our hands, "My big question now is..." They all rolled their eyes at me, knowing my exact question, "No Hazel!" Valentino was the first one to answer.

"You didn't even know what I was going to ask?!" He crosses his big arms over his chest, flexing them, "I'm not an idiot. None of us is. You just fucking came out of surgery and now you want to put your life on the line again?!" He threw his hands up in the air.

"Experience love for the first time Valentino and you'll understand the situation I'm in!" I try to sit up when JJ takes the pillow from behind me and positions it in the right place for me to sit up straight.

I watch the anger boil in him, something was holding him back from saying what he wanted to, "Say what you need to say! Say I'm stupid for having feel-"

"I love you!" Everyone's head wiped in his direction, "We all do! We all care for you! You're saying I don't know love you?! I almost watched one of my best friends die! Right infront of my eyes!" I stayed quiet.

"Val I-" He held his hand up, cutting off my words, "Whatever Haze, I'm trying to protect you but clearly you take our friendship for granted." He walked away from us all, "Val! Please come back!" I called after him but he didn't stop.

"I'll go talk to him, Hazel." Peter lets go of my hand and goes after Valentino. "I think it's best if we all leave for a moment, let you rest Hazel." Hunter wrote down a few things on his clipboard.

"Yeah. Thanks, guys." Both Hunter and JJ walk away. They unzip the plastic door that led you out of the dome, stepping out Hunter zipped it back up, giving me a small smile and walks away.

Valentino said he loves you. Did he really mean everyone or...just me.

I swipe a hand over my face. I was so exhausted with everything that was happening I haven't gotten a break. A small nap won't kill you, Hazel. The little voice in my head kept ringing, take a break, Hazel. I couldn't, what if I was needed and I was too busy sleeping.

There is no harm in taking care of yourself too.

Screw it.

I lay the two pillows behind my head flat down. I slowly place my head down onto the soft cushioning, feeling a sign of relief once my head hit the plush pillow. "Shit...this feels nice." I let out a long sigh.

Now the only problem I was having is I couldn't seem to close my eyes, "Sleep dammit, you use to do it so easily before." I curse under my breath, the frustration of not just sleeping.

Think of something that makes you happy, focus your mind on one thing.

Roman.

I close my eyes, blackness caves over me. I zoom my mind out onto his beautiful face. His sharp features made it look like they could cut through glass. His adorable dimple in his left cheek every time he showed me that boyish grin of his.