Chapter Four

I sighed adjusting my long black braids and rotating my shoulders. I closed my eyes and let my fingers guide me as the melodic sound of the piano filled the music room. The particular tune I was currently playing reminded me of my mother, this was her tune. She would play the piano to my sister and I almost every night, even though I barely remember, some things I could never forget, those nights, the tunes and her smile.

While I was fascinated with the instrument my sister preferred just listening. My sister loves it when I play for her, it was hard at first but I slowly started enjoying it again because every time I would play she would get this look in her eyes. The look she used to have when our parents were around, it was like for that time being she would just let everything go and let herself get lost in the moment.

When our parents died I didn't think I would ever be able to play ever again and that broke my sister, plus when we moved in with my aunt there was no piano or any musical instrument for that matter. I didn't mind at that time I had bigger things on my mind. The feeling of the keys under my fingers brought back a lot, a involuntary smile made it's way across my face as my fingers swiftly moved over the keys my mind completely going elsewhere. My eyes popped open as I continued playing.

I remember the first time Anele heard me play she dramatically fake cried and said and I quote ' One day I want to sensually fuck-no make love- while you play the piano in the background.'. Even though I had known her for a while that had completely caught me off guard I couldn't help but chuckle at the memory.

For the past two days I had to talk her out of going to the police. She seemed more disturbed than I was which was odd. Although she wasn't taking the whole thing well, - I think she was a little bit better now, I knew she was dying to ask me about losing my virginity but the whole murderer thing had her feeling uneasy. I knew sooner or later she will shoot all her questions my way.

I haven't heard from Lachlan since that night which I was thankful for. The whole thing with him scared me as much as hearing that gun shot. I hated guns, just the thought of them made my heart race. I had a hate/fear relationship for them.

"Wow." my fingers froze, even though I was in my thoughts, I wasn't that lost in my mind. I saw her from my peripheral vision. She has been standing there for a while.

"Any chance I could convince you to-"

"Let it go." she giggled moving to the couch not far from me.

"Don't let me stop you. Please continue." she said getting comfortable.

"No you kind of grossed me out. " I said chuckling while cringing at her. I watched her pressed lips, she wanted to say something but was trying to stop herself. I knew I didn't have to even ask she would end up saying it anyways.

"Okay so I understand that Lachlan is a murderer and all but I will not let him take away our excitement over the first time you had sex. So what if you fucked a murderer it happens.-

"-No actually it doesn't. I don't think so Anele. "

" - Okay maybe not but I refuse to let him win. So we pretend he's not a murderer and you -"

"It's pretty hard not to. -"

"I said we pretend he's not." she said persistently.

"So tell me all about it-." she said smiling getting comfortable.

"Tell me all about the godly Viking man... Who might also possibly be a murderer." she leaned forward staring at me.

"He does look like a freaking Viking right I thought I was just being weird."