Chapter Five

Stay calm, stay calm, stay calm. I chanted in my head as I looked at him a few feet from me. He was speaking to his brothers and to me he sounded very far away due to the drums in my head even though he was in ear range. He told me to wait here and I was more than glad to. I couldn't stop looking around, dead bodies everywhere. The scene was deeply disturbing. It was a wonder how I haven't thrown up yet.

I looked at them, Lachlan seemed to be  spitting out instructions and lecturing the one who looked the youngest of the giant Vikings looking men. Even though he looked like the youngest he still had a darkness to him just like his brothers and he looked scary when he wasn't complaining about his older brother killing more people than him. I properly looked at them. Gorgeous, sinfully beautiful. Even I had to admit that.

"That's the lass. Jesus."  I tried to focus the moment I realized their subject had come to me. I didn't want them deciding to end my life while I zoned out, I'd like to lie to myself and say I had a fighting chance.

"Quite the sight."

I watched the Viking man say something with so much darkness and intensities in his eyes in his native tongue, I didn't know what he said but it sent a shiver down my spine making me gulp.

"Understood brother." the one with a lighter shade of green eyes said.

They all had different coloured eyes but the green in their eyes was constant and strong. Anyone could tell they were related. I could see the brothers' curious gaze on me except for two. The one with blueish-green eyes and the other with dark green eyes. They both seemed familiar with me even though I had never seen them before.

"Isla these are my brothers which you will properly be acquainted with another time." he said beckoning me to come closer and so I did.

"I've met the beautiful lass." the one with with blueish-green eyes said smiling at me. If I hadn't seen him murder so many people I would have thought he was a normal person. Lachlan raised a brow at him saying something in his native tongue causing the blueish-green eyed man to chuckle. I didn't like how I was excluded but I also strongly felt like it was for my own good.

"You made that clear brother. I saw her a few days back sneaking out of the house, very fast on her feet. The lass got under Kayla's car, held on and rolled off once the car was out the gate. T'was quite a show." they all looked at me curiously but what was going through my mind was how I slipped. How did I not see him. I should have been more careful of my surroundings. Maybe it was because my emotions got the better of me thinking Lachlan was a murderer, I had to learn how to control my emotions. They were my biggest weakness.

"We are yet to speak about that." he said even though I avoided looking his way I felt his stare on me making me uneasy.

I opened my mouth to say something but decided against it feeling Lachlan's cold demeanor.

"Nice to meet you all." I said nervously peaking at them, but mostly keeping my gaze on the man next to me. In return I got a couple of nods and some smirks here and there. Very bothersome.

"Finish it. " Lachlan said nodding towards Lucan.

"I want his head hanging on my wall by morning." he said.

"Aye." Lucan nodded, the calmness disappearing and a look of determination and excitement flooding his eyes.

Before I could comprehend what was going on, Lachlan gently pulled me along making me walk quickly next to him because of his strides as we exited the building. The silence between us was killing me. I felt like he was plotting something sinister in his head. I was scared. At this point he was honestly scarier when he was quite. I was afraid of even breathing too loudly as he lead the way.