Chapter Twenty Eight

Sorry for any grammatical mistakes.

I screamed when he finally let me breathe, his hold no longer on my braids as I moved back from him, at least I hoped I was moving back from his, I couldn't see anything. I couldn't stop coughing, I quickly turned to the side before emptying out all the contents of my stomach a metallic taste dominating my mouth.

I wiped my mouth and never stopped listening for him as I tried to remove the blood from my eyes. I could feel it on half of my body in other parts it had stuck to me. I felt disgusting I wanted nothing but scrape it off me -to scrape his touch of me. All the times I let him embrace me, all the times I let him touch me made me shiver -he was fucking demented and I just wanted to die. I felt like the little energy I had left left with the contents that were in my stomach.

"Isla." He sounded a few feet from me as if he was watching me amused, just waiting to pounce.

"I'm sorry." I kept on repeating. I wrapped my hands around myself when my vision became a little clear I could see him standing at the same spot I had left him watching me. Just the sight of him made me tremble, I could feel my heart racing and my stomach parting into a hole. I didn't understand.

"Isla I will not raise my voice to speak when you are ten feet away lass." He said, he didn't need to repeat himself, even when I couldn't see my body trembled at the authority in his voice, whimpering before his presence alone.

I felt like a fool wasting all of my energy when I should have been saving it but I couldn't help it, I didn't know how long he has been doing this but I could tell that I was at the end of my lifeline. I had no energy I was working on adrenaline and it too was running out. I returned back in front of him kneeing before him pleading for mercy, making sure not to make eye contact with him.

"It seems you still have no clue, I will gladly help with that." He said, I could literally feel goosebumps cover my entire body as I trembled whispering my apologies.

"No!-No please- I'm sorry-"

"Why are you sorry lass?" His voice was deep and void of any emotions but he spoke as if he would hear me out as if we would resolve this together as much as I knew that he wouldn't it gave me little hope. He stood a giant towering over my kneeling body, watching me.

"I-I think -I it's because I -didn't tell you-because I didn't tell you the whole truth when- when you asked me last night -about who- who made me cry." I looked up at him, it took everything in me because I was terrified that he would do worse but right now I would say anything for him to have mercy on me- I would do anything not to be drowned in blood.

"I still have- have nightmares." I confessed. I didn't think keeping it to myself would have me end up in here. Even entering this room I was completely oblivious nothing connected in my head I was too busy trying to understand what the hell happened to this man for him to be like this. Even after deciding not to tell him I even forgot about it. I didn't think he would try and kill me because I didn't tell him who made me cry. It just went to show how everything was fucked up with him.

Lord I'm sorry- I'm so -sorry. For whatsoever I have done.

"You lied." He said it so simply and calmly as if he was summarising everything I did. My eyes widened at the word- such a heavy word, I knew how much he despised lies. I swear my heart stopped working for a minute as tears rushed down my face at the word, my head shaking in the process. I didn't think of it as a lie I just thought of it as not putting the lives of other people in danger because of me. It didn't matter what they did to me -I still believed they didn't deserve to die.

"I -I didn't mean to -I didn't mean to I just didn't want people to die Lachlan." I said truthfully my eyes bulging out trying to reason with the man who had my fate in his hands. He was suddenly so calm I could barely breathe, I couldn't even look at him in the eye.