Chapter Twenty Three

The nagging inside my chest got louder as the rope around my wrists dug into my flesh - I couldn't feel the pain from the rope because of the adrenaline that was rushing through my body. Fear was all I could comprehend. Fear of him and fear of the unknown. But mostly him.

It's been more than ten minutes since I have been up and I didn't know where I was or what he had planned for me. I had silently cried until I ran out of tears. I knew what ever he was about to do would not only hurt me but it would traumatise me for life. I didn't know whether to scream out or cry out but as I silently wailed I knew I didn't want him to come near me- assuming he wasn't already in the room.

I was chained to what felt like a table -the hard surface on my back made sure I didn't have a shred of comfort and there was a bag over my head. The bag was so dark I couldn't even see if I was in a dark or light room. I don't know how many times I would tell myself to cry out and just get it over and done with because it was inevitable.

All of a sudden although I couldn't see I felt a presence next to my head, it didn't take much guessing from my side because of the way goosebumps burned on my skin and the battle in my chest. Without my consent a flood of tears flowed down my cheeks to my ears. I didn't have words -I didn't know if I had run out or they refused to be formed.

My throat burned simply because I refused to let out the storm in my lungs. I didn't see a reason to even so my lungs still burned in anticipation. It would not help me in anyway - even if someone was to want to help me no one would dare go against him. The sunken feeling of terror swallowed me whole.

"Lachlan, I'm sorry." I didn't know why I was here but I knew he would hurt me. I didn't know how and I didn't need to know how he would I just knew it would scar me -yet again another trauma that needed to be tended to like an open wound.

"Not yet Mo Grá ." I could never get his voice confused with any voice -it was distinct, deep- full of power and commanded attention. In addition it was the only voice that confused my body- made it shudder and tremble at the same time. So did he.

I closed my eyes when he took off what was over my head. They burned at the light in the room. I opened them even though I tried to recognise the room I couldn't- there was only a bright light above me - everything else I couldn't see aside from him of course.

"You start games yet you fail to complete them." From his tone one might have thought there was nothing wrong between us as if he wasn't about to make me scream in pain and agony.

My mind wavered to the fact that Anele was probably safe where she is and all was well, it won't be for nothing. I was able to get her out of here because if I hadn't done it -the warm tears that flowed down my cheeks would be flowing for a macabre reason. I shut my eyes taking in deep slow breaths.

I felt his hand rub his name that was tattooed on my skin. His fingers rained fire to my body. His touch felt foreign and condemning. I hated the tattoo of his name on my skin, telling me what I refused to believe or truly ever acknowledge. I didn't like reality -I loved writing and reading because other realms were my addiction -an addiction I would never grow out of love with especially now.

"Please-"

"You would rather drown." His deep chuckle sent chills down my spine.

"I want you to repeat your words." His piercing eyes speaking directly to my soul. I knew of the words he wished of me to repeat but I didn't want to. I remember that in that moment I couldn't find the words to describe how much I abhorred being caged I said the first thing that came to my mind. I wished I had said something else or shut my mouth.

The comical thing was the fact that I said drowning because I truly did think that it was rather the most painful and worst way to go. My feeling were all over the place and I was truthful- stupid but truthful.