Chapter Ten

After two hours of waiting even I couldn't wait anymore.

Those words rang in my mind as I watched him get closer to me. When I was a child after I had lost my parents I used to feel like everything was going off at once in my mind and then I wouldn't be able to think straight, my sister helped me change and manage that; but ever since the change of events in my life, I was spiraling.

From his kind eyes to the bouquet of flowers he had in his hands, I felt sick in my stomach. I didn't know whether it was guilt or fear. The feeling consumed me and ate me up whole. I didn't think I would ever have to face him ever again related to my previous predicament and I had hoped he had moved on and was happy. I wanted to apologise for that night but I didn't even know where to begin. The feelings from that night washed over me.

I knew I hurt him, his words had stung my heart and I didn't even know how I would face him.

"I've missed you." was the first thing he said as he looked at me. He looked at me like I was perfect like I was incapable of making mistakes. Lachlan looked at me with so much possession in his eyes it sent shivers down my spine.

"I told myself I would stay away but the moment Anele called me all of that was forgotten." he said chuckling. Closing the space between us. His scent made my stomach turn, I was scared, scared for his life.

"I will leave you two lovebirds." Anele said heading for the door, I didn't even get the chance to stop her. The situation she has put me in left me breathless. I felt tears stinging my eyes.

I didn't even know where to begin as to breaking this man's heart again but I knew that I had to, I had to do it for his own sake. I took a step back looking at anywhere but him. What has Anele done. Clearly she had no clue of what she was doing.

"Liam-I ca - I." the words seemed to get stuck at the back of my throat as I looked at the happiness in his eyes. Should I be the cause of his pain yet again.

I think that the fact that I actually felt for him made everything harder, I didn't want to see him in pain. He has done way too much for Anele and I. We have made so many memories together and he was an amazing person after meeting Lachlan I believed the world needed more good people.

"You don't have to say anything. I've always wanted to ask you out from the moment I saw you but I never had the courage to." he said a faint red sprouting from his cheeks as his eyes flickered away from me for a second before finding their way back to me.

At this point I had no voice. I just stood there mute as I watched him, he held out the beautiful flowers in his hand for me to take. I hesitantly accepted them before whispering a thank you.

"I'm sorry for not showing up for our date." I said sincerely looking anywhere but him. I had to end this, I would have to bare the guilt, I would rather guilt than his blood on my hands.

"You don't need to apologise. I'm just happy to be here." he said. He held out his hand and I looked at it, I couldn't. I wished I could tell him everything but I knew Liam he would want to help even though he wouldn't be able to he would try until he got himself killed. I stepped away from him. The rejection from me killing him, even though he concealed it with his smile I could see it in his eyes.

"Liam. I can't I have to go I'm sorry." I said moving back. He was going to kill us both my hand was now holding on to his chain. I couldn't risk. I would be playing with his life. I didn't know what Lachlan was capable of and I didn't want to find out.

"I understand that you might not feel the same way but one last dinner is all I ask for." he said his voice small, as if afriad and awaiting rejection. I tried but I couldn't. The fight within me wasn't fair. I could tell that he was holding his breath from his stiff posture and the uncertainty in his eyes. I felt my heart strings tug at me.