Chapter 19

It has been more than fifteen hours since he left and it was clear. Even in the halls of his house and bedroom it was clear he wasn't around. Dare I say it the air roamed around freely in the house knowing he wasn't present. It somehow made perfect sense in my head that even the air was scared of him. And I found breathing a lot easier.

I watched the trees pass us by as the car sped through the road. I could feel the excitement bubble up inside of me at the pit of my stomach. I didn't even recognise where we were it didn't seem anything like the route we took with Anele and I don't think I would ever forget that route. I would forever wish I had made different choices the night before that morning.

Not even a single cell in my body thought of trying to escape. I have looked into that man's eyes and I would not test him. Lachlan was far from stupid and I would like to think my emotional decision making phase was over even though I knew deep down it was a different story when I was in front of him. Even if there were to leave me for hours unguarded I wasn't going to pull any stunt. I might as well call him to tell his men to come and get me. I just didn't want him to hurt me.

I looked at the dark blue gloves on my hands holding in a breath as I gracefully folded my hands onto my lap. The doctors could have covered up the scar but he said not too -to serve as a reminder that this was nothing, he would do worse. At least the hole has closed but I don't think I would ever be able to get the image of my hands with holes in them out if my mind, it was forever burned into my brain nor would I forget the pain.

One would never find me without gloves on well from time to time. From the scarring you could tell that there had been a hole there. I was better now because at first, at first sight I would involuntarily sob and I would feel like my lungs were failing me. Trauma. But enough of the negative today was about my peace of mind. Getting some fresh air as much as he said I was no prisoner I didn't know when it would be when I would go out again even though I only trusted his word. Lachlan kept his word it's one thing of everything that had been quiet clear to me. He was a man with a lot of mental issues but one thing I was confident in besides all else was that.

I looked at Annie as the car arrived at the stores she wasn't as happy and excited as myself but then again she wasn't the one who had been locked up so she could come here freely whenever she pleased. None the less I was still very happy, watching the amount of people around me for the first time didn't annoy me I hated crowded places but this time I was just grateful I was even around other people.

The moment I stepped in I fought to rid myself of any negative thoughts, I didn't even want to think about what would happen after this, I just wanted to feel the small taste of freedom that I had ever took so lightly before. Plus now instead of misery and sulking I would replace those words with room for change. It sounded ridiculous but I needed to protect my mental health.

"I didn't know your smile could be that big." Annie said slowly following behind me as I filled the cart up with everything I needed for my skin. Lachlan told me there was no limit when he gave me his card, as much as we were pretty comfortable Serenity was against wasting money and buying useless things as much as we could afford most of it.

At this very moment with his card in my hand if my heart or eyes even lingered on something a little longer I would get it, I knew there was no part of him that would care even though I would do it out of pettiness. I doubt he would even notice. One thing was for sure money was not an issue for the man and he didn't care how much I spent.

I particularly couldn't wait to visit the clothing stores even though I had other motives I was looking forward to it because there were somethings I actually needed and I was excited to get them, I asked him if I could get a few other things and he said I could get whatever I desired. I needed more comfortable clothes all the clothes in my closet were either fancy or fancy- even casual was not casual enough for me and a girl had grown tired of wearing his t-shirts.