Chapter 17

I watched the woman before me as she effortlessly moved through the kitchen even though she was in a chefs uniform it did nothing to hide the fact that she belonged here, something I noticed the first time I saw her I could immediately tell that she was a family friend or was related. Everyone around this place was just tense and screamed 'murder-y' aside from her.

A family friend she had said when I asked her if she was friends with her Lachlan she made a weird face and just told me their relationship was healthy. I didn't understand but at the same time I understood it was definitely something to process. This was the only person I felt was being real and genuine towards me even though she could be unfiltered as hell she was honest and in this house that was a breath of fresh air.

I think she's the only person in here who has looked at me and smiled besides that genuinely spoke to me for more than five minutes. She was mostly the part that I enjoyed about breakfast because Lachlan wasn't present at most times -he woke up way too early for work and because when I asked her to eat with me she didn't find it weird and got back to me about my request the next day and it was a yes.

It gave me something to do and something to look forward to. Her long black hair was in a high bun and appropriate for work one thing I've learnt about her she was welcoming but took her job very seriously and definitely enjoyed what she was doing I could see it in the way she moved around the kitchen, she loved it. Her almond shaped brown eyes looked at me indicating for me to go on.

"There is always blood everywhere. You won't believe this but I feel like it just feels more real with time compared to the other ones." I said looking far off remembering the dream.

It always started off with Anele she is usually in my office and library-it was once in the library and I was confused why I would even dream about the library I have only ever been there a handful of times and I wouldn't even be able to tell you what the fancy decorations on the wall looked like. I didn't spend more than ten minutes in there reading was a struggle in my current situation.

It's usually in my new office the night mare started after I saw it, a recurring nightmare that left me restless and filled with dread. It started of a surprise visit from Anele and then he's there he doesn't even ask any questions just slaughters her to death. It gets messier every time and it's something he would do which was why it felt so real because I truly do know that he was capable of that.

"Sounds like you are terrified of him." She said pausing and looking at me as I tried to slow down my heartbeat by trying to calm myself from seeing the very graphic scenes in my head.

"Understandingly I am. With reason. You see the situation I am in." I watched and followed her as she moved the food to the table where we would eat. I tried to help but she refused as always but I neither would I ever stop offering.

"How long do you want to live in fear?" She asked as we sat down and made ourselves comfortable before digging in.

"Mmmh!" I closed my eyes tasting every flavour as it burst in my mouth.

"What is this?" I asked really enjoying myself, it was like this every morning, at first I would come out and there would be a menu for me but I felt that just wasted time and energy and was too much so I asked to personally speak to the chef and asked her to just prepare for me one meal that she felt fit for the day I didn't mind.

"Zillion Dollar Frittatas." She said also relishing in the taste something I also liked about her she didn't hide the fact that she enjoyed her dishes like most chefs I have come across. I smiled at her small happiness.

"Thank you." I said, she only smiled back before getting straight to business.

"Answer the question."