Chapter Seven.

Sorry about the long wait. I'm back. ❤️

My hands felt clammy and my heart was racing. As I walked through my door I realised this was worse than the car. During the whole ride I just wished I was in my apartment the tension in the car was suffocating. Lachlan didn't utter a single word as he drove. There was no sound in the car, just silence along with the sound of heavy rain coming down on the car.

My thoughts kept me occupied. I was drowning in them. Lachlan's hand that had been on my thigh made matters worse on my end. I was hoping I would see some sort of emotion from him but nothing. His emotionless face never left the road as he drove us to our destination which I was clueless about at the time, I was too scared to ask. I tried to convince myself that I had no reason to be scared but deep down I knew better.

I pulled of his suit jacket that he had given me before we exited the car, it was cold outside. Even though I was grateful I was annoyed that I found his scent this intoxicating. My mind and body didn't want to get with the program. Lachlan was obviously a bad guy. His scent scared me and made me anxious at the same time.

I remember when I found out he is a murderer, when I came out from my hiding place I was going to a dark place because of the blood I could smell I had to solely dwell on his scent so I wouldn't pass out. Passing out while surrounded by murderers wasn't an option. Ironically I found comfort in it. I understood why, the moments we shared left his scent deeply buried in my mind, although now when his scent engulfs me I become both scared and anxious.

The moment I walked through my door I buzz lined for the living room where I finally took of his suit jacket it was weighing down on me. I rubbed my hands against my dress in nervousness. I instantly felt fear settling into my bones as he entered my apartment. The atmosphere in the room completely changed. I gulped as I looked at him. He stood there majestically, looking around. With him inside my apartment felt incredibly small.

I needed to calm down. I was hoping he would leave me at the door but I knew that I was being crazy. I was losing control of the situation and I needed to level with myself. I needed to keep myself busy divert my attention. If I was to lose control of this situation which I was already losing then I wouldn't think straight, I wouldn't be able to think at all. I need to calm down.

I quickly made my way over to the kitchen. Feeling the need to be busy with something so he doesn't smell my fear that was slowly swallowing me. Being in the same room with him was too much. It's funny how scared I was of him, then again I did see him murder a lot of people and everything about Lachlan was scary and demanding.

He looked more than capable of breaking my neck and calling it a day. I could handle myself but Lachlan was a different story I could feel it and I knew deep down in my bones that he would easily make me regret my actions. The aura that surrounded him was warning enough for me. As much as I didn't want to die, I needed to know what I was up against.

"W-Would you like some water?" I mentally kicked myself for stuttering. Turning around from the sink to look at him was my worst mistake. I stood frozen as I realised he was now closer than before. He was a few feet from me and my heart was pounding.

"What were you doing?" he asked looking at me. Straight to the point. He looked very calm, he was calm but his eyes spoke differently to me. The darkness in them was the reason why I stayed frozen in one spot.

I was taught to never lose power over any situation, always be in control but that was already out the window. It seemed Lachlan made me fail at a lot of values. All of the teachings I knew of by heart were useless against him. I didn't know how to explain it but I couldn't keep it together when he was around.