CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Chapter Eighteen

    “What were you thinking?” Kazuki yelled and Ban eyes went over to his brother. Pia stood looking at her two brothers before rushing to Ban’s side. “I sent you here to stop something like this. Now they have the sword of souls and Wati.”

    “You’re the one who lost the sword brother,” Ban lips twitched into a smile with his statement. “To a child no less,” he finished his eyes going over to me. I was sure those were were meant to sting, to enrage Kazuki. I could see the other demon trying to keep his cool. “You’re time is running short brother, hurry back to hell.”

    “This isn’t over Ban,” He threaten his voice cold and hard as he spoke his words to Ban. The look in his eyes were one of those if looks could kill. I could feel the tension in the air. Could taste the malice these brothers held for each other. It was unnerving and I felt as if one of them would attack at any moment. My eyes shifted to the stone coffin that Wati had rose from. Something shiny at the bottom catching my eyes.

    Ignoring the auguring brother I walked over to the coffin looking inside to see a pendant shining at the bottom. It was golden with the strange symbol of two snakes wrapped around an apple biting into it. I reached down grabbing the pendent quickly dropping it as it burn my hand.

    “Son of a bitch,” I yelled looking at the burned palm. The flesh was slowly healing and I looked down at the pendent again.

    “What is it?” Ban was at my side looking down into the coffin.

    “It’s blessed,” I warned him showing my hand so that he could see the skin healing. Ban grabbed my hand looking it over as the others came over to look into the coffin as well.

    “Is that what I think it is?” Kazuki said and Djuda grabbed his hand stopping him from touching the same pendant that had burned.

    “The Seal of Mayhem, I always thought Wati had it.” Ban said grabbing the bottom of his shirt and ripped it off. Laying the cloth over the pendant he picked it up tucking it away in his pocket. “This is a win for us, they don’t know we have it.”

    “We can’t use it until it’s tainted. Hand it over Ban, I will take it back with me.” Kazuki said and Ban only looked at his brother. I could feel the tension again, could feel Kazuki’s anger building.

    “What’s the Seal of Mayhem?” I asked and all eyes fell on me.

    “Might I see the seal?” Link asked holding his hand out for it. Ban looked at Link before digging in his pocket and retrieving it. He held the pendent in his hand as Link waved his hand over it. The demon fingers hardly brush the seal as smoke came off his flesh. “It’s been forever since a demon has had this. Last I saw it Nero was handing it to the Grand Master.”

    “We don’t have it yet, we need to taint the seal. Natsu and I will go to the river of blood.” Ban said and I looked over at him after hearing my name. The river of blood, did I know where that was? I wasn’t sure what anything was. I had never heard of the seal before. Ban and the others thought this was some great win for demons. I wasn’t so sure how a seal that burns us could help a demon.

    “I promised Nero that I wouldn’t let the boy out of my sight. Forgive me Lord Ban but I am on this trip with you for now.” Link said and my eyes shifted to Blake.

    “Me as well Lord Ban, I’m following Zero.” Blake said his eyes cast to the ground refusing to look up at Ban. Lord, Blake added that title as if it was suppose to mean something. Then again I was probably the only demon that didn’t add Ban’s title. The only one that didn’t show him the respect he had earned through blood and fear. I couldn’t bring myself to do either of those things. Ban killed my family, that was reason enough to hold on to my hatred for him.