CHAPTER TWENTY (NERO POV)

Chapter Twenty

                                                               Nero POV

There was still things I needed to do before falling into the Grand Master trap. I needed to get my affairs in order if I was going to leave the rest up to Ban. I had sent Link to Zero and I knew that he would make his way to Ban. There was no way that Link would allow Zero to stay with the order and it was for the best with the day of Light so near.

I needed to return to the order I could already feel the shift in the air. Already knew those idiots had awaken something that was better off left asleep. Walking through the halls of the order I could hear the humans whispering to me. It was a good thing that I didn’t go to the other plane right away. If he was awaken then where was it? I needed to get to it before something like that fell into the wrong hands.

“Mati,” I head my true name being called and I froze in my spot. The very sound of his voice sent a shiver down my spine. Not the bad kind of shiver the kind that made me question everything about myself. The kind that made me want to compromise in order to please this one person. Turning around I frowned when I saw him.

“Wati,” I whispered his name as he walked over to me. Reaching out he grabbed my arm pulling me into him. I could feel the warmth of his arms something that I haven’t felt in years. I sunk into him feeling like the child I had been when I felt laid eyes on Wati. The God of Chaos always had a lure of me, always held a power of me. Maybe it was because we both were dark Gods. Maybe it was because he was older and wiser than even the God of Death.

“I’ve missed you greatly.” He whispered into my hair as I stood still in his arms breathing in his scent. “You smell like blood.” He noticed pulling away from me only slightly before grabbing my chin and making me look up into his eyes. “Why are you here and not in the heaven?”

“A lot has happened why you were sleeping.” I said pushing myself away from him reminding myself I was no longer the same child I had been when Wati was mine. When just a word from him could make me bend to his every whim. I was not that person anymore. My name and title has been taken from me. I’m nothing more than a human with powers. Nothing something that is so uncommon these days.

“Why, why would the Grand Master do that to his own son?” I flinched at the sound of him calling the Grand Master my father. It has been years that I even thought of him as a father. I knew when I was cast from the heavens it had brought him great sadness. At the very least it was what I told myself in order to offer my broken pride a little comfort. Over the centuries I have been with the humans I held only hatred for the God that would rule over all Gods. For my father I only knew hate.

“Beside I sinned, and there is a limit to even what we Gods are allowed to get away with.” I gave a small laugh when I told him that sinning, the very notion that a God could sin was laughable to me. Yet they all rose against me when the time came. They raised there voices and had me thrown from my home. My so called father only watching before he cast his judgment. “Everything was taken, my name, my title, my home.” I said my eyes on the ground my fist at my side shaking in anger. Taking in a breath I released it, even with so many years gone by it would seem some wounds never heal.

“How can a God sin,” Wati said grabbing my chin again his eyes so blue that it was like looking into the ocean. His silver hair like star light. Leaning down no matter how tall I have gotten he still towered over me.

“Don’t,” I hissed not wanting to be swept up in the wave that Wati again. I felt his lips press against mine and my mouth yield to his just as it has always done. His tongue twisted with my own and I could feel myself sinking into him. Becoming more and more wrapped up in him. My mind went cloudy and I couldn’t remember why I was here. I came to the Order, why, why had I come to the order. Zero, the name shocked me back to my senses. Pushing Wati away from me I lifted my hand up wiping my mouth off. Removing his touch from my lips. “I didn’t come here for you.” I told him walking past him.