CHAPTER THIRTEEN NERO POV

Thirteen     (unedited)

                         Nero Pov

      All alone in the darkness I sat, wondering, I’m wondering if it was time to leave yet. Hearing the whispering inside of my head, they’re telling me, telling me we’ll all soon be dead. My eyes shifted to the demon at the table with me. Ban or if we wanted to get formal The Great Demon Ban. Self proclaimed great demon of course. Though I have yet to meant a demon greater than Ban.

    “It’s unlike you to become a part of the game.” Ban said his black eyes on me as he drank the blood that was in his cup. Most people trip over themselves to get to Ban. Everything about him invites you in. His lovely face, his delicious scent, his perfect body. The humans don’t understand how deadly he is until they are already trapped in his web. I bet even Zero don’t understand why he is drawn to the demon.

     “I’m not joining in, I’m merely an onlooker.” I answered blowing bubbles in my cup of milk. Ban eyes ran over me but he didn’t say anything for a moment taking another drink before sitting his own glass back on the table. We were seated in the back of one of the few demon bars around. It was a nice place to come if you wanted to let lose and be your true self without humans around.

     The demons in the bar were loud, most talking and drinking blood infused with alcohol. A few had taken to the dance floor in there two forms as they jumped and shook around doing whatever it was that passed for dancing these days. Of course anywhere there were demons there was the hookups. The random people scattered throughout making out or even having sex. Those pairs even had a group that watched them.

    It was nothing that I wasn’t use to. I felt more at home with the demons than I have with the humans. Then I ever could with my own kind. It was probably because I was always an outcast, always drawn to the darkness when I was suppose to be something of light. Light was so boring though. Doing the good thing, the right thing. Was a blurred line. I was just the only one brave enough to admit it. For my sins I was casted from my home, stripped of my name, and told never to return.

    Thinking of my past made me look at Ban again. The reason I had haunt for him wasn’t so we could drink together. “I’m guess I don’t need to tell you what the Order of Chaos is planning.” I said and Ban eyes shifted from something in the corner that had his attention back to me.

    “They want to bring heaven to earth.” Ban said and my lips pulled back in a sneer when the words were spoken. “Those idiot Gods thing they can ruin my plan then I will sit back and allow them to go through with their.” Ban said and I sighed leaning back in my chair. “I would have thought you wanted this to happen. Given the fact that for the last million years you have tried to rejoin your people.”

     “My days of Godhood is over. I want nothing from them by the blood I’m owed.” My hand clenched into a tight fist as I remembered my banishment. I had vowed to pay each and everyone of them back. Starting with my dear sweet sister. “This isn’t how I want it though. They will think they have won if I allow them to bring the heavens to earth. The day of light must be stopped.”

    “Pia and I will handle it. I want you to do something for me though.” Ban said and he looked at me picking up his glass again drinking from it slowly. His black eyes were boring hole into my own. I shrink back from the stare, not before I afraid of Ban. I shrink back because people died and worlds ended when Ban got that look in his eyes. “I want Zero,” He said and I frowned.

    “You already have him. I told you before I won’t lay any claim to him. My interest in Zero is just spiritual. His body and mind is all yours. He isn’t my type.” Ban titled his head back and laughed at me. I would have been insulted if I didn’t know Ban so well. Since my banishment and a bit before it Ban and I have been good friends.

     “I want you to tell him the truth about his whore mage and the order. He won’t take my word for it but you two are linked. Even if he doesn’t trust you he will believe you. He doesn’t really have a choice in the matter. Sometimes I envy you and the bond you have with him. One of these days I’m going to cut that link.”

     “You can cut it all you like. After I’m done with him.” I said and Ban smiled showing off his fangs. “Why should I help you anyway? You tried to kill Soji after I told you he was off limits.” I said frowned as I rubbed my heart. I had felt the pain with Soji, the protection I put on him as a baby still going strong.

    “Yeah, yeah I know. Do you know how hard it is to find a white mage though. Beside that little slut ruined everything.” Ban said frowning as his thoughts got the best of him. No doubt not happy that Soji was whom Zero was sleeping with.

      “Hate him all you like but keep your hands off my family. Next time I might have to send Pia to hell.” I said my eyes scanning the crowd until I spotted Ban’s little sister sitting on the edge of the stage where t
e band was playing. “If the day of light is completed,” I paused my thoughts going off to darker places. “You know I can’t involved myself with them more then I am.” I said and Ban nodded.

     “Don’t worry there is no way in hell I’m letting the scum Gods win. Like I said though if Zero fight with me then we have a better chance at stopping them. I have already plant people in his life. I want him at my side now. Do that for me and I won’t forget it Nero.” Ban said and I sighed. The day of night and day of light comes around once every thousand years. I didn’t think they both would try to gain from it. Though I figured after the day of night passed with Ban testing his luck the order wouldn’t miss the chance.  “You know he’s not in heaven anymore right.” Ban said it brought me from my thoughts. I nodded my head a sobering look falling over my face.

     “I’ve heard rumors.” I said looking down in my cup and not at the Great Demon.

     “Your sister have been spotted down here as well. Seem like they won’t need to a rite to bring down the heavens.” Ban said and I shook my head people like my sister and him could find loopholes and come to earth. Just like the demons could Gods had ways to come here as well. The fact that they were coming unsettled me. Maybe they were just making sure everything went  as planned “You still holding a grudge against him.” Ban asked poking me in the check with a long nail until I slapped his finger away.

   “It’s no business of yours.” I hissed out huff out a breath. Ban was the last person who had the right to talk about holding grudges. Him and his brother has been on bad terms forever because of a grudge. Picking up my glass of milk I sipped from it as Ban frowned in disgust at my drink choice. “

     When are you going to grow up Nero?” Ban said running long fingers through hair as red as blood. He rolled his eyes and I could see the annoyance on his face as Djuda walked over to us. Taking a seat at the table Ban sat back in his chair his arms folded against his chest. “As you can see my babysitter has come to join us.”

   “Nero aren’t you looking nice today.” Djuda said and my eyes narrowed as I looked at the little worm. Kazuki and I had no problems, that didn’t mean that I had to like his pets though. I particularly didn’t like pets that tried to kill things that I was interested in.

   “I thought Kazu kept you on a shorter leash.” I said giving him a smile. He growled at me but didn’t make a move to come towards me. “So much for an S classed demon you’re just a joke.” I mocked him and he leaped up his chair hitting the floor causing the other demons in the bar to stop and look at us. My eyes scanned the room as Ban took his drink from the table.

    “See what I mean Nero, always behaving so childish.” Ban said as Djuda jumped at me. I quick kick forward my boot caught his face. The music stopped as all eyes were on me. I glanced around looking at the demons that were in bar. They all started to gather around me and I smiled. Rolling my shoulders I moved my hand telling them to come at me.

    All at once the demons started for me. Jumping out the way I moved through the crowd kicking and punching every demon that crossed my path. The demons that were unlucky enough to be touching by me started to turn black as the portal to hell opened and sucked them back to their layer.

   The ones that were left backed away after seeing so many of their friends taking down by me. Djuda growled at me again and I just smiled when he was smart enough not to come any closer. “You scared away all my friends.” Ban said but I could hear the amused edge in his tone as the reminding demons ran leaving Ban, Pai, and Djuda here with me. Walking to the table again I took my seat as Pia ran over to sit at the table with us.

    “That was awesome Nero, why don’t you fight more?” Pai asked and I rubbed the top of her head.

    “Violence isn’t the answer.” I said and Ban laughed making me look over at him again. His face fell as his eyes went past me and his sister towards the door. Following his stare I saw the last two people in the world I wanted to see. Aella and Gniew standing in the doorway. My sister with her long ice blue hair and her silver eyes, eyes that seem to reflect all the hatred that she held for me. I licked my lips wondering if they came all this way for a fight. Beside her Gniew eyes didn’t wander from me. His short orange hair was spiked in the same fashion he always hair it. His honey eyes held pain and longing inside of them. The Goddess of war and the God of wrath had to have been looking for a fight.

    “You look well.” Gniew was the first to break the awkward silence that hushed the room. Standing with the demons Djuda backed away grabbing Pai as he did so. Ban shoved his hand in his pocket as he took his place to my right. If it was a fight they were looking for Ban and I would give them one to remember.

   “We haven’t come here to fight you Great Demon Ban.” Aella said and I smiled at how she only said Ban’s name.

   “Oh how lucky I must be.” Ban said in a dry tone not moving from the spot he had taken up. “You have some nerves coming in my place of business stinking up the place. Then you would attack my guest. I thought Gods were suppose to have class.”

     “You stabbed my son, you are lucky I’m allowing you to take a breath right now.” Aella threaten and I held my hand out to stop Ban from moving forward.

    “Allow,” Ban tossed his head back in wild laughter. “You should be happy I’m allowing you to live.” His voice was threatening as horns pointed through his hair. I frowned knowing that if Ban went into his demon form it would be all out war.

    “What do you want?” I asked trying to end this before it got out of control. My eyes slide from Aella to Gniew and back again.

   “We only came to talk.” Gniew said a pleading in his voice that I haven’t heard in centuries. “Please Mati listen to reason.” He said calling me by the name that was taken from me. My true name, my God name. I shook my head not allowing myself to be overcome by emotions. Not allowing Gniew words to sway me like they would have done in the past.

    “Take your pets outside Nero.” Ban said walking away to take his seat at the table again. I glanced back at him then sighed as my eyes fell on the two Gods. Nodding I followed them outside allowing them to lead me down the street and around the corner into an alley. I looked around making sure this wasn’t some trap they had laid for me. When I was sure I was safe enough I leaned back against the wall crossing my arms over my chest.

   “Anyone want to fill me in to why you two will seek me out.” I said and Gniew walked over to me grabbing my chin so that I had to look into those honey eyes. He gave me a half grin the humble side of him passing already as he started to become cocky again. Most Gods were like that pretending to be sweet and nice when they were nothing more then snakes. I twisted out of his arms before he could kiss me.

    “I’ve missed you.” Gniew said grabbing my hand and using it to rub himself. I would have pulled back but I knew how uncomfortable our relationship made my sister. As much as I loved to hate Gniew I held now love in my heart for Aella. My own flesh and blood was one of the first to betray me when it came time to banish me she cast the first vote.

    “We didn’t come here for that Gniew.” She hissed making him turn around and growl a deep threatening sound that made her sneer at him. What were they thinking sending these two to work together to do what? Get me maybe. Pushing Gniew away I outranked him when I was God and has always out powered him.

    “What did bring you here dear sweet sister.” All the bitterness and malice inside of me were placed in those words as I spit them out at her. She had no reaction to my words and I smiled knowing that she wouldn’t have showed it even if she did.

    “The Grand Master wants to see you.” She said and I looked at her waiting to hear the punch line. The Grand Master ruled over all the Gods, kept us, them in order. Gave them laws to follow and obey. He cast them out of the heavens if and when those laws were broken.

   “The Grand Master can kiss my ass.” I said and Gniew wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me to him. He was always slightly needy and annoying but Gniew was good for other things. Being the God of Wrath he had his uses and if you got him mad it was best to stand clear.

   “This can be your chance to join us again Mati.” His said and ran his tongue along my neck. Gniew was easy enough to ignore but I wondered what the Grand Master really wanted. I admitted that I was wondering if he was going to offer me my Godhood back. Would I take was the real question. “You can be a God again Mati, the God you were born to be.” Gniew whispered in my ear. I watched my sister wondering if she had any notion to what that Grand Master wanted.

    “I’ll think about it.” I said and Aella mouth dropped open as if she didn’t think that would be my answer or even should be my answer. Why should I jump when the Grand Master called. He had no power over me anymore. Pushing Gniew away from me again this time he flew down the alley some falling on his ass when he landed. I walked over to my sister looking down on her as I grabbed her neck. “Until next time sweet sister of mine.” I said disappearing from in front of their faces.