CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Rushing towards the battle I saw chaos below. I could see the battle raging could see us being pushed back as the other side advance. Dropping out the sky I grabbed one of the pawns snapping his next. Moving to the side veins shoot to the left of me wrapping around another as thrones came out cutting into the flesh.

“Where is Soji?!” I yelled over the roar of the battle to Rai.

“He’s at the summit,” she yelled back as I turned around my nails slicing into the throat of another. Reaching out a grabbed one more biting into her throat. I could see the dead starting to rise again and attack their comrades. I looked around to see Fang looking weak, tired, but still fighting. “Wati is making his way there to Zero.” Rai said and I growled as I bit into another one.

“Zero,” Blake voice sounded to my left and I looked over seeing him covered in blood with a huge smile on his face. I went to warn him about the human coming but he turned around the body hand his sword raised as he turned to stone on the spot. “Come on Link and I are clearing a path.” Blake said and I nodded rushing forward then pausing and turning back at Rai.

“Rai...”

“I just found you again Zero. Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere.” She said with a smile. “Beside after we save the world we have to take out the trash.” I watched as her eyes crossed the field finding Kenji. I only nodded my head reaching out and touching her face.

“If it gets too dangerous...”

“I will run away like a little girl.” She said.

“Zero,” Blake called again and I turned from Rai following Blake through the crowd. We had to slice, craw, and bit our way through. Spotting Link up ahead he was ripping the arms off another one of the homes. Turning around he stabbed his hand through one of Fang’s puppet. The already dead man turned around glaring at him.

“I’m on your side idiot.” Fang voice came from the dead man mouth and Link threw up his hands.

“Well sorry I’m killing humans so stay out my way.” he countered and grabbed another human my arm going through his chest until I toss his body away. “Who’s idea was it to leave Soji alone?” Link said looking over to Blake.

“Ayase and Able is with him. I sent Pai ahead as well.”

“Where is Hiro?” I asked my eyes scanning but I had yet to find him.

“Haven’t seen him around.” Blake called turning around as another turned to stone. Striking out his leg he kicked the stone body and watched as it crumbled to the ground. “There no end to them.” He said and I shook my head.

“The order was ready for war we weren’t.” I said and I could see light glowing brightly ahead of us. I was sure that light was Soji. So close to him yet we were still a good distance away. I felt a hand come down on my shoulder and I turned to see Blake giving me a warm smile.

“Don’t worry we will make it to him.” Blake promised me and I knew he was right. Of course we were going to make it to him. Would it be too late when we did was the question. Pushing through harder I couldn’t think like that. I couldn’t think that Soji wouldn’t be okay. Looking down at my watch I saw that five minutes had passed by. Turning I could see the sky going dark over the field I had just left Ban in.

I felt dread built in my chest as I watched the dark clouds gathering. I should have stayed. It was the only line that repeated in my mind. I should have stayed and helped Ban. As stupid as that sounded it was all I could think of. What good would I be? What need would he have for me? If Aella was so powerful that even Ban couldn’t kill her what was I suppose to do against her.