CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Link and I rushed forward as I saw Ban and the others facing off against Aella and the idiots she had following behind her. The teddy bear that Pai always carry around turned into a real bear and was now ripping through the order’s drones. Fang stayed in his wolf form attacking anyone stupid enough to get close to him. The blood snakes from Kenji slithered their way into the minds of the soldiers turning brothers in arms against one another.

Djada hands had turned into long blades and he cut through the pawns. My eyes shifted to Hiro who was attacking the boy with the long sword again. He had two daggers in his hand keeping himself close to the boy not allowing him to get a good swing off with his sword. Link rushed passed me going for one of the soldiers who were about to attack Pai.

Scanning the area I looked up to Ban in the air. Four huge black wings spread from his back as he stood arms folded across his chest as he stared at Aella. She was holding on to her right arm blood leaking through her fingers. Her white wings were beating precariously in the air. She looked as if she would drop at any moment.

A part of me wished for her to live through this battle. It would be a shame if both of Soji’s parents died on the same day. Soji, my head whipped around looking at the the others again. If Fang only made it as far as Ban then no one has told Soji that they were coming. More so I didn’t see Wati anywhere.

“Ban,” I called and his black eyes found me down below. “Soji and the others.” I yelled and he rolled his eyes.

“I sent Blake to warm them.” Ban said moving to the side and bring his knee up to Aella when she chose that moment to attack Ban. I watched as she fell towards the ground her wings trying to halt the descend but she crashed into the ground. Ban gently floated down to the ground landing beside me. “Did you worry that I would leave your white whore high and dry.”

“Of course not.” I said watching as Aella was slow to get back on her feet. “If they get Soji it’s game over after all.” I backed away from him some but he grabbed my wrist. “If you don’t need me here I’m moving forward.” I told him and he held on to me still.

“Of course I need you here. You must stay at my side forever and anyway.”

“So I’m going ahead.” I said pulling away from him as Aella made it to her feet again.

“Do you think I will let you win.” Aella said and I looked over at her a frown on my face as she wiped away blood from her mouth. “Do you think I will let you destroy everything we worked so hard for.”

“A year ago.” I started my hand clenching into a fist. “You asked me to protect Soji. Even if it cost me my life. You freed me when Ban had me chained up. You even helped awaken new powers inside of me. You do that just so that I could protect Soji.” Shaking my head I glared at her as she stood where she was looking over at me.

“What are you saying demon? That you wouldn’t have protected him if you knew what I truly wanted him for. If you knew that I needed him to live long enough for the day of light to come.” Shaking my head I bared my fangs at her.

“That’s not what I’m saying at all.” I disagreed. “I made a promise to protect him. That didn’t mean just on the day of night. It didn’t mean just from Kenji and Ban. I will protect him against you as well. From your twisted little order that would ask you to kill your own child.”

“What does he mean?” A voice that was deep and smooth said and I turned to see the boy fighting Hiro dropping his guard as he looked over at Aella. “What does he mean you want to kill Soji?”

“Hush Niwa.” She silence the boy as Hiro drew back from his fight coming to stand beside Ban and myself. I could feel the eyes of Niwa fall onto me. He was willing me to speak, to tell him what his order had hidden from him.