CHAPTER THREE VERSION 2.0

Over the last two hundred years, I wonder how many times I've been hit, kicked, or slammed in the head. It was a miracle I wasn't brain dead by now. I keep trying to take on demons other are afraid of. Maybe there was some serious damage done to my head.

Kazuki had added to whatever head injury I've been nursing. When I came to I could see a throne made of skulls and a jewel encrusted chalice filled with blood, Kazuki really did fancy himself the King of Hell. He sat in his chair with all the entitlement of a king. This wasn't just a cave it was the cave. The floors were made of gold the eight pillars that line the room was made of diamonds. Art hung on the walls.

All of the old famous pieces that humans lost years ago. Along with the art, there were weapons. Swords, guns, axes, hammers. Weapons are all kinds were hanging on walls or locked behind glass cases. This throne room made me think Kazuki was a collector. Did he really think I was the new addition to his collection?

The fancy cage I was currently in would suggest yes. The box set next to the throne golden and silver bars. Nice soft pillows inside. Even the lock had rubies on it. It was a very nice kennel, when I broke out of it I'd be sure to beat him to death with it.

At the moment every time I touched the bar a very unpleasant little shock ran through my body and cause a thousand little tiny cuts on my hand. Every time I bled in here one of the silver bars turned to gold. I didn't know what that meant, but I didn't like it.

Djuda, Kazuki's pet, was enjoying my imprisonment. He was just upset that he vomited up a few pounds of dirt and stones. He kicked and rattled the cage like a proper asshole. I would have been shocked if he didn't try to get his jabs in now that I was locked away and couldn't fight back.

I needed to get out of this cage somehow. Not just to pay back Djuda and Kazuki but because I needed to get out. I was one level from the top. One sin away from a complete set. One door from my freedom. There was no way I was going to be a good little pet and stay locked away.

"You've grown senile in your old age." My heart squeezed at the voice. My eyes darted around until I saw a figure walking down the aisle. The demons who stood guard between the pillars had a mixture of fear and awe on their faces.

They still moved forward, the spears in their hands were all pointed at him. How could anyone be so foolish as to point a weapon at him? Of course, I myself was always pointing weapons at him. "Put your toothpicks down before I shove them up your asses." There wasn't anything hostile or threatening in his voice. He said it as calm and matter-of-factly as he could. Put down your weapons or be impaled. The demons all shared a look before taking a cautious step back from the Great Demon Ban.

"Lower them," Kazuki told his guards. They all lowered their weapons moving back to stand at their post. Ban walked forward and with each step he took my heart raced more. This was him, the real Ban. Had he been in Hell all of this time?

His red hair was as long as Kazuki, at the moment it was tied back into a ponytail instead of hanging around his face like normally. The shirt he had one was stained with blood. Human blood, I could smell it on him. It made me think he hasn't been in hell after all. Those black soulless eyes of his made my heart stop. I hated his eyes, yet I couldn't look away from them. That was the kind of effect Ban has always had on me.

"You have no manners Ban." Kazuki spoke again and earned himself one of those beautifully dangerous and twice as rare smiles. I wanted to scream out to him. To yell at him, to demand he free me from this cage. At the same time, I didn't know if I was mentally prepared for this . . . reunion.

"Do you honestly think Djuda will be enough to watch over me. If you treat me like some disobedient child I will start acting like one. We both know yo-" Ban words were cut off when his eyes finally landed on the cage next to Kazuki's throne.