CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE (NERO POV)

Chapter Twenty-One

Nero

My eyes opened eyes to see I was in a brightly lit room. Moving my head started to ache numbly as I sat up. I massaged my temples as I looked around the small white room I was in. There was no windows or door that I could see. Only a bed that I was laying on. Swinging my legs out of the bed I looked at my hands. Not feeling the normal powers that coursed through my body.

“So you are blocking my powers.” I spoke to no one in particular. The last thing I remember was joining with Zero and Hiro. It was a bad idea to ever meet up with both of them so soon. Of course I never thought Hiro would track me to Zero. He’s getting better, stronger. I wonder if the time is drawing near.

There was a low rumble and a pandal on the wall moved away as Gniew stepped into the room. My brows knitted down as he walked father in the room the wall sliding back into place. Moving over to me he wrapped his arms around me embracing me. I didn’t return his affection as he held onto me longer.

“Do you hate me?” Gniew asked me I could hear his words muffled against my hair. His voice held a lonely whine to it. Gniew would only behave this way in front of me, so desperate for affection. Seeking whatever I was willing to give him. “The Grand Master sent me to get you, I had to obey. I’m not like you Mati, I have to follow his command.”

“Let go of me.” I hissed at him and his hold on me tighten. I could feel his lip pressed against my neck could feel his shaking his no against me. “If you want to stay a pawn of the Grand Master that’s on you. I will not be some tool that he can use and throw away. I refuse.”

“You always been so strong, so brave. How can you go against him? How can you not come when you master calls.”

“He isn’t my master. He gave up that right when he cast me from the havens. I suppose I should be thankful to him. He gave me the freedom I so desperately sought.”

“Freedom,” Gniew hissed at last letting me go so he could pace the floor to the room. I sat back down on my bed watching as the God of wrath sulked on his anger. “What have you done with that freedom Mati. Fotnicate with demons!” His rage colored his voice and I sat still crossing my legs as I watched him. Storming back across the room he grabbed me by my throat pushing me down onto the bed. “How can you allow such disgusting things to touch you.”

“I allow you to touch me don’t I.” I answered my voice ice cold as I glared in his eyes.

“Tch,” he said removing his hand from around my neck. “Don’t compare me to those things.”

“Demons has never wronged me. Demons never kicked me from my home. They never shunned me. They never asked anything of me. Ban, Kazuki, Link, they were there when I lost everything. Where were you Gniew?”

“I fought for you!” He yelled turning around again grabbing at the collar of my shirt. “I was the only one who begged forgiveness for you. You brought the laws Mati, what...what could I do. The other called for your exile, they wanted you head. What do I do?”

“Nothing,” I said a bitter note of the sadness and loneliness I had felt over the years I had been cast from my home. From my family and friends. I had thought I’d gotten over this years ago, it would seem there was still some resentment bottled up inside of me. Gniew ran his fingers through my hair pressing his body over top of mine as he forced me to lay down again.

“I wanted so badly to come with you, it is all I ever wanted Mati. To be with you.” He said and pressed his lips to mine. I parted my mouth under his allowing his tongue to enter my mouth. I allowed our tongues to twist around each other before I pushed him away. Moving from under him there was no way I would allow Gniew to top me. Not now when I knew he wanted this more than I did. Moving off the bed I pulled my shirt off tossing it on the floor. Dropped to my knees in front of him. I grabbed his belt unfastening it and pulling his pants from his waist.