TWENTY SIX

As they made their way to the agency, Yumi couldn't help the twinge of anxiety biting at her because of the reputation that her hero of choice had. But she was also feeling excitement pumping in her blood all the same.

This would be a first for her getting to experience firsthand how heroes of this time are like in action.

Unlike the other generic agencies she'd seen back home, Endeavor's Hero Agency was a luxurious skyscraper type building with various floors. The front entrance was decorated with a stylized flaming "E" for Endeavor.

"Welcome!" The receptionist perked when Todoroki and Akano walked through the large glass doors of the hero agency. The architecture inside the building was shimmering with elegance and a hint of a traditional feel.

"Hello," Yumi replied softly, their introduction was completed by Shouto's determined voice.

"-We're students from U.A. High coming here for the internship."

Before he got to finish his introduction, he was cut off by a large rumble caused by someone jumping down right behind them and a male's voice interjected.

"Hero names, 'Shouto' and 'Phoenix', correct? Endeavor's been expecting you."

Yumi and Shouto turned and met fact-to-face with a man. He had an average build, but his skin was covered by either strips of clothing or bandages. Unlike the ones Aizawa wraps around his neck, the bandages covered this man's entire face and as well as parts of his arms and hands. His costume wasn't flashy, simply wearing a flak jacket over a short-sleeved shirt.

"I'm Kido, a proud member of the Flaming Sidekickers."

'The who?' Yumi didn't recognize the alias, but from the pride in the man's tone, it seemed like a big deal around here.

"You're the only students in the past few years that Endeavor had sent out an offer to. He must have liked what he's seen at the sports festival. " Kido said as she directed the two students to follow him. "He's usually too busy with solving cases to participate in the U.A. draft."

"And most of the sidekicks working at the agency have fire or heat type Quirks, so nice to have a nice change of pace around here." The sidekick exclaimed, directing his words to the Esper.

Yumi hummed in response, her eyes scanning the many rooms they passed by. Inside, there was a large office space with several desks and computers. By the slowing of Kido's steps, and eventually his halting in front of a large door, she came to the conclusion; It was time to meet the Number 2 Hero, Endeavor.

The Flaming Sidekicker only knocked once, and after a beat of silence, a gruff voice ushered them in.

Yumi first took notice of the spacious office, it was a very large room with only a relatively small table and Endeavor's desk inside.

When her translucent green eyes flitted around the room, she caught sight of the towering hero she would be interning under and took in a deep breath to calm herself. Clad in a tight, navy turquoise bodysuit with lines of flames streaming across his chest, upper torso, arms, and most prominently his shoulders, and his signature makeshift eye-mask made of flames, he was imposing as ever.

"You're dismissed." Endeavor said with a natural authoritive tone.

"Yes, Sir!" Kido exclaimed before promptly leaving, and by default, Endeavor's eyes fell upon the two students.

Under Endeavor's gaze, Yumi didn't know what expression she was wearing, but she was sure it wasn't as intense as Shouto's. His mouth was set in a small frown, but he had an incessant determined look crossing his features.